Author Topic: Having same problem with updated inteenimator. Help Please.  (Read 3923 times)

kalipitta

Having same problem with updated inteenimator. Help Please.
« on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »
Hi.  I recently installed Pets and the inteenimator was making my dogs and cats sink into the ground and get stuck in walls.  I took the files out and everything worked fine. But then I installed the Pets version, and it is still happening.  Any ideas?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Having same problem with updated inteenimator. Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »
You don't say whether Pets is actually your latest (in release order) EP.  We need to know for certain that that is the case before we can really begin to sort out the cause of your problems.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

kalipitta

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
Yes.  It is the last.  I only got the basic first few.  University, NightLife and Pets only.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 07:15:37 PM »
Did you download and install the Pets patch?  (Inteen will only work correctly on the patched version of the game.)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
Right. This was a game bug and not anything related to a mod.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

kalipitta

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
Yes.  I dowloaded and installed the patch.  :(   I didn't put the inteen stuff back in until after the patch was installed too. 
Which brings me to another question, should I have had all mods and such out of my DL folder when I installed the patch?  And also, in response to what twojeff's said, does this mean it's not fixable? Or should the patch have fixed it?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »
The patch should have fixed it.  Make sure all your other mods are the Pets version, where a Pets version exists.

kalipitta

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »
Wow.  That's gonna be a chore.   :lol:   DL'd all my mods ages ago!  And there are quite a few to say the least. 
Before I do all that... I did remove some mods after installing pets, that weren't working right.  But the ones I left in have been working fine... so, could it be that one of them (non-pet updated) is conflicting with the pets inteen to cause the dog-in-wall syndrome?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
More likely it's just preventing the patch from working properly - it may have corrupted the objects.package file.

I'd suggest you remove all your mods apart from Inteen and see whether the problem goes away.  If it does, then replace half your mods, if the problem returns, then you know where to look for the culprit, so halve that set and test again.

If the problem persists with Inteen, remove that as well.  If you still have a problem, I'd suggest you uninstall Pets (after backing up your hood) then reinstall it, re-patch it and find the objects.package file and make it Read Only.  (It's in Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Pets/TS Data/Res/Objects.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:35:17 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
It's so much easier just to uninstall Pests, or if you must have it, don't get any.   :lol:

In my opinion, Pets was the buggiest EP released with the poorest patch made to create the bugs.  Not to mention that life as a sim knew it stops after adding a pet to the household.  I never played The Sims, but from everything I read Unleashed rocked.  EA failed miserably with Pets though.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »
Dunno, I don't see that many problems, and over half my non-Uni households have a pet (although definitely Unleashed did the whole thing better), but I do use TJ's Caged Pet Fixes and other useful mods.  The main thing I noticed on my new laptop, which has no Pets, Seasons or BV, is how much more quickly the game runs (Pets I was missing the DVD at the time, though have it back now, Seasons is a digital download, and I couldn't access it - so much for EA saying it would honour the original unlimited downloads for it, which is not much use if you can't actually access the download;  as for BV, I decided to play without it until I saw how well the FT was running, as I may decide to use the laptop to play AL and M&G.)

I do, however, always install the empty Pets template so at least I don't have so many strays.

kalipitta

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:57 PM »
Thank you all for your responses.  And thanx Zephyr, I'm gonna try your suggestions. 
As far as using the 'pests' Ep  ;p;...  yes, I absolutely MUST HAVE my 2 dogs and my 2 cats.   :cheese:  They look almost exactly like my own, and strangely enough, with the general personality characteristics I chose for them, they really do seem to almost mimick their personalities.  So I get much enjoyment from them.  (just wish their was a mod to stop them peeing IN THE HOUSE!!!)  If I didn't have to walk them ALL THE TIME and they would just go out on their own more often, I would be THRILLED. 
Is there any hack for that???!!!   That was going to be a question I was gonna post somewhere else actually. So if anyone knows....
Anyway, luckily though, my household and main hood doesn't have teenagers that I play, so I guess if all else fails, I can take inteen out when I play in my main hood, and put it back in when I play my mostly teen and family hood.  um...   right???  :unsure: 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 12:44:47 AM »
There are hacks for learned behaviours, one in particular by, I think, Numenor over at MTS.  Easiest solution, though, if you don't want to cheat, is to lock the doors and leave the animals outside and then when they are finally forced to pee outside be ready to praise them.  Once they've been praised a couple of times, they are more likely to pee outside, but it also helps to have a few trees around.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »
Or the fire hydrant

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 01:14:26 AM »
True - and once the dog has latched on to their particular object, never, ever, sell it!

kalipitta

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
Ooh!  Thank you guys so much!!  Gonna try it.   :cheese:

kalipitta

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
Hey y'all!  Looks like my inteen (dog-in-wall) problem has worked itself out...  so thanks again! 
kacidama, you had mentioned a fire hydrant.  I've been searching my objects and don't see one.  Is it in there somewhere;  Could you tell me where to locate it?  Or is is something I need to dowload?  If so, could someone tell me where pretty please?
 :hug:

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
The one I have is from SimAddict99(TSR) and it is a build mode item and in the garden centre under *trees*
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:55:51 PM by kacidama »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
I have that, too, and it seems to work pretty well.

kalipitta

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 05:16:19 PM »
Thanks again guys.  I will go search.   :smile: