Author Topic: No teasing not working.  (Read 495 times)

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
No teasing not working.
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:53:52 PM »
Title states it all.   I  first installed teasing fix & congrats fix.  Both issues still occurred.  So I took them out and installed no teasing and no congrats.  No one now congratulates but the kids in the family are always trying to tease the toddlers.  I stop it whenever I see it and since I micromanage that is most of the time.  But occasionally I'll hear a toddler screeching with rage and find one of the kids laughing hysterically. 

I've used this mod for years with no problems.  Just recently started a brand new game with no downloads to try to find out what has messed up my older games.  Adding mods back in slowly.  First in the hack folder was ACR2, Insim and Inteen.  Have added Sim Blender, several of TwoJeffs other mods,  several by Pescado,  several by Squinge and Sim Wardrobe. 4 each by BO, CJ and Inge.   Most of these are very old but all updated for AL.  BO's and CJ's mods are the newest to my game. I have many other hacks that have not made it back into the game yet.  I add them as I see a behavior occur.   Oh, and I have a 36 hour pregnancy by someone  and a lifespan adjuster made by me.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?   

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: No teasing not working.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:25:10 PM »
Without precise runtime information, it's hard to say what the cause of this problem could be. It could be a load order issue, or it could be as simply as deleting the .cache files. Or maybe one of the hacks needs a specific version of another hack that is not currently installed in your game. And if you've 'upgraded' from the disc version to the Ultimate Collection, then it could be something that I have no knowledge about at all.

For a clearer picture, we would at least need to know what version of the game you're running, and we would need to see a hack conflict report (made by HCDU), and, if possible, an error log. The error log should be from a kid that you caught red handed. While the kid is teasing the toddler, you would then need to force an error on the kid. For this to work, you would first have to make sure that Debug mode is turned on (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true).

And even then, there is still no guarantee that anyone identifies the problem. Someone might, or not.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »
My kids just ignore my toddlers....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:30:23 AM »
And I usually give my kids enough to do that they don't have *time* to come up with nefarious plans like 'let's tick off the new guy'  :cheese:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:39:25 AM »
Having a piano that no-one else is using helps!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
well, the hack conflict report I can do.  I've used that many times but could not find it on any of my drives.  Had to go to Wayback to find Paladin's site.  anyhow, here it is, only 3 conflicts.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Total Hours Pregnant - Suspension
Group ID: 0x7F1D0F49
Instance ID: 0x00001002
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\hacks\InSIMenator\InSIMenator (UV) v2.9 OBJ Edition.package
\downloads\hacks\SimBlender\Sim Blender.package

File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Social - Play - Noogie - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x0000210E
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\hacks\InTeenimater_\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\hacks\TwoJeffs\No Autonomous Noogies.package

File Type: BCON
Group ID: 0x7F1D0F49
Instance ID: 0x00001006
Packages Containing This Constant File:
\downloads\hacks\InTeenimater_\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\hacks\InTeenimater_\InTeenimater_FlavorPak_NoMiscarriage.package

about version I have no clue.  Does UC have more than one?  Where do I find it?  I have forgotten how to delete cache files too.  I'll try to get an error log the next time one of the kids does it. Oh, yes,  Twojeffs Paintings Stay Viewable is also not working.

On the teasing thing it doesn't happen often since I do try to keep them busy but I am also testing BO's Unlimited Sims hack.  I have a Big Love family.  One husband, three wives, 0ne teen, 7 kids, 4 toddlers, one baby on the way, and one wife who only has 6 of the 10 children she wants.  And none of the adults is over 40 yet.  Hubby had the 10 kid want. When that was fulfilled I nearly fainted when I saw want for 20 pop up. But it turned out to be for grandchildren.  As for the piano idea, they haven't managed to scrape up the money for one of them yet. LOL Kids are expensive.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Cache files are stored in your Downloads folder.  Just delete them like any other file you want to delete.

None of those conflicts seem to me to have anything to do with teasing toddlers.

The Ultimate Collection was released as a gift to all Sims 2 simmers, and, I think, includes everything you originally bought.  However, there are occasionally hacks that don't work well with it.

You could try checking that all your hacks are updated to your latest version, it's easy to miss one.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 01:21:07 AM »
Those three conflicts, as Zephyrzodiac says, have nothing to do with the problem you're having. So at least we've ruled THAT possibility out.
No, there's only one UC. But at least now, we know that that's what you're using, as you failed to mention that in your previous posts :) That's why I had to ask.

And as for versioning, make sure all your hacks are updated to the latest version. If an AL or M&G version of a mod is available, use that instead of any earlier versions. My Unlimited Sims hack that you just mentioned, exists in only one version that works perfectly for all games. So that's one thing less for you to worry about :)

Finally, the cache files are most easily recognized if you have file extensions visible in your windows explorer. But if you do not have that, the cache files would show as "Groups" and "Accessories". These are the two files to get rid of. Sometimes, these files get corrupted, and then they interfere with a proper operation of your game. If you delete them, nothing bad happens: the game will simply make new ones when it sees that they are missing.

On a funny note: with all them kids, one thing is clear: you sure know how to keep your ADULTS busy :) They don't get to lie still very often, do they? Beds are not for sleep, but for woohoo! :)

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
I decided to try resurrecting a very old hood that has been corrupted for some time.  Once I finally got it to load I began prowling around various houses.  I saw paintings remaining visible with wall down which was not happening in the new hood.  Didn't try playing in any of those houses to see if there was any teasing but I would not be surprised to find that is working properly also.  Guess the next thing to do is compare  download lists.   Should that be all downloads or only hacks?   Can a bad sofa or crib interfere with a hack? 

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »
Only, I would have thought, if the bad sofa or crib also contains hacked material.  I would say that, yes, you need to compare your hacks lists (or simply swap the current one out and the old one in).

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 04:18:03 AM »
I think I should fully agree with Zephyrzodiac. If were to remove the mods/hacks from your newer hood (back them up somewhere for safety) and put in a copy of the set you used with the old - previously corrupted - hood, everything might turn out OK. It is at least worth it to try, right?

Otherwise, comparing hack lists might do. And don't worry too much about hacked objects, unless they are known to contain so-called global hacks, like some of Inge Jones' objects do. But then Inge's stuff is usually perfectly safe to use, with no bad objects.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:46:30 AM »
True about Inge's stuff - problem is sometimes with duplicate GUIDs, which happened some years back with Numenor's clothes rack using the same GUID as a very old object from Vitasims.  OK, unless you had both objects on a lot, I think.  (I think Numenor changed the GUID after Simmerqueen contacted him.)  But this is the kind of thing that can happen when using very old objects that were made before GUIDs were properly allocated.  In these cases, it's really nobody's fault, and in fact if it weren't for the pioneers at sites like VitaSims, we probably wouldn't have the vast amount of CC that we do today.  However, it's always a good idea to check whether you have any duplicate GUIDs in your game.

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
I compared the two lists of hacks.  The old hood had about twice as many hacks as the new, since I was only adding them in one at a time as I saw something annoying.  Like the teasing. 

The new hood had only a few hacks that the old didn't.  4 of BO's: child get bottle, no met self memories, no sim loaded and unlimited sims.  And I do have smarter EP check as well as CJ's lot inspector  and memory fixes, but those 3 were also in the old one. The only other hacks not in both are Inge's polygamous wedding arch, 36 hour pregnancy and my own lifespan adjuster.  Which I copied/changed from somebody else's whose name I don't remember.   The vast majority of my hacks are either by Pescado or Two Jeffs and have all worked perfectly for years. I ran HCDU on the download folders of all my game folders.  The majority of conflicts were with Inteen and have always been there.  A few with Insim, likewise.

About duplicate GUIDs.  is that what Clean Installer shows up in pink?  If not, how do you check for duplicates? 

I had to smack myself upside the head a few times this morning.  I've had several instances in the last few days of a game loading perfectly, then the next time I tried it wouldn't load. I finally realized I had not been deleting the cache files which I used to do every time I wanted to play but had forgotten about in the years since my main hood got corrupted.  Anyway, I deleted them this morning in both  of the game folders that were refusing to load and both loaded just fine.  What is it with those files that causes this?  What corrupts them?

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 01:14:17 PM »
You need to run SimPE to check for duplicate GUIDs.  The pink files shown by the Clean Installer are simply duplicates.  You should erase one of them (if one of the two has a hexadecimal filename, choose that one rather than the one with the recognisable filename - it was either downloaded in a house or installed with the Maxis Installer, probably years ago....)

Yes, deleting the cache files is pretty necessary, in fact it was one of the Maxoids years ago who told everyone at Maty about it and it solved a heck of a lot of problems.  You can, however, install an empty, read only version which won't have anything in it, so won't get corrupted.  Personally, I keep them since the size of the groups.cache file is, to me, a good indicator of when I have too many downloads....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 01:25:10 PM »
I see that ZZ has already gone into the GUID stuff, so I don't have to... :)

The Kids get bottles mod has one issue: most of the times, it doesn't properly delete the little step-stool that the kids use. But it should not cause any kind of corruption or break your hoods. The other three of my mods are among the safest mods in the world. Pescado's and TwoJeffs' mods are all perfectly fine as well, although I usually suggest that in case of any conflicts, you load Pescado's mods first.

Finally, the cache files... I have still not met the first person to tell me how exactly those files can get corrupted. Those files contain pointers for the game to find the different BHAV routines in hacks and mods, and are created and maintained by the game itself. No other programs touch them. So how and why they get corrupted is anyone's guess. We only all know that, occasionally, they do, and the only solution is then to delete them. As ZZ says, that's a solution given to us by a Maxoid, long ago.

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
Okay, next question.  How do I find the GUIDs with Simpe?   

And I want to thank you guys for all the time you spend answering questions.  You are a blessing to SimNation.

"On a funny note: with all them kids, one thing is clear: you sure know how to keep your ADULTS busy :) They don't get to lie still very often, do they? Beds are not for sleep, but for woohoo! :)"

Actually, I've spent more time getting/keeping them OUT of bed than in it.  It's ACR that is responsible for all the woohooing. And perhaps the fact that I have their Try for Baby percentage set rather high. :)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:33:29 AM by hedgekat »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
Hehehe... sure, that must be it! :lol: