Author Topic: Triplets & Quads mod not working correctly-Solved!  (Read 4451 times)

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Triplets & Quads mod not working correctly-Solved!
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:42:04 AM »
Hello!

:unsure: I think I've managed to bork something with the mod. I accidentally clicked on the nuke all preg controllers on the simblender. Now, trip & quad mod isn't working as it should. I've always had simblender, trip & quads, and Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller in game together, but somethings gone wrong. When my sim gives birth, she just goes through labor and then the stork dialogue comes up, then she has the baby. What happened to the multiples prompt that used to pop up? I don't use the random only mod and I have all EP's up to AL.

I appreciate any help!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:06:27 AM by sharris »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Triplets & Quads mod not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:52:55 PM »
How many times, and on how many lots, has this happened?  If only the one time, then I think the Sim Blender removed the multiple births, and this should only be for that one occasion, and the next pregnancy should be *normal*.  You could remove T&Q and then replace it, just in case it somehow got corrupted.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Thank you for replying zephyrzodiac :)

I've tried different 3 different families in Strangetown, pleasview, and a custom hood that I created. I've deleted the simblender, trip & quads, and Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller out of the dl folder and booted up the game and played a family then saved and quit. I've also re-downloaded all 3 mods and put them back in my dl folder, started up the game, and played a lot until my sim go into labor. I'm still not getting the prompt :(

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
TJ made two versions of Trips & Quads.  One of them prompts you for what you want, the other is random only with no prompts.  Did you install the one that prompts you?

Have you tried forcing errors?  Using Pescado's Debugger, the Batbox, try forcing errors on In-world, Off-world, and All.  Make sure you don't have testing cheats enabled or you will get an Error Dialog spam.

What happens if you start a new neighborhood?  It doesn't have to be anything more than taking a couple through the birth.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 12:41:29 AM »
Also, don't forget to delete groups.cache.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »
zephyrzodiac I didn't even think about deleting groups.cache so I'll do that right now.

AncientHighway thank you for responding :) I made sure to download the non-random version. I will create a new neighborhood and see what happens there. I've never used Pescado's Batbox before, I'll go download it and try that out as well.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 10:31:28 AM »
Deleting groups.cache may be all you need to do, you know.  a corrupt .cache file will keep trying to load stuff that you have deleted, so replacing it frequently is a good idea.

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
Okay I've deleted the groups.cache and created a new hood. I used the ramaswami's. And she had triplets :blink: Sooo I know it's working, but it's like I have the random version. I swear I only have the regular version in my folder which is named Triplets & Quads...and Not Triplets & Quads Random Only. I checked to make sure that I didn't have both and I don't. I'll try out what AH tolde me try with the batbox and see how that goes...

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »
That makes me wonder, what would happen if you swap the mod for the random only.  Do you get prompted?  If so then it may just be the two mods are misnamed.

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:08 PM »
@A.H. I tried putting in the random only version and still didn't get a prompt  :diva: Soo, I'll just put the original version back in and try fiddling around with the odds and see how that goes. That batbox is nifty, I'll be keeping that, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks AncientHighway & zephyrzodiac for taking time to help :D

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:26:21 PM »
If you don't have it, I'd also suggest BoilingOil's NoSimLoaded - it gets rid of a heck of a lot of garbage.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 01:48:24 AM »
I was thinking somewhat the same thing as ZZ here, being that if the Batbox has been helpful, you might also benefit from installing "No Sim Loaded". And in  case anyone requires a little help finding this mod, here's the Link :D

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 02:18:39 AM »
So, silly question, but you do have thhe right version of CH's pregnancy controller?  There are two for each EP, normal and random only.  You need to match the controller to the T&Q version you are using.

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
Re: Triplets & Quads mod not working correctly-Solved!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »
@ Boiling Oil thanks for that info, I will be trying that out! I'll have to go through my hack/mod folder and see if I still have the smart ep check thingy though.

:blush: Imalia I'm donning my dunce cap and sitting in the corner facing the wall...that is one of the files that I replaced after re-downloading all three of the mods...On my desktop RIGHT IN MY FACE is the file for CJH_PregControl-AL+-Random which is the file that I'm using -_- I feel like an idiot. Now I know why there were no prompts and the birth of triplets. two jeffs Trips&Quads worked as it should but I downloaded Chris Hatch random trip&quad preg controller so that's why no prompts and random triplets. -_-

Thanks Imalia for bringing that to my attention and thanks zephyrzodiac and AncientHighway for helping me learn new and useful things   :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
I'm glad that Imalia brought her experience to bear on your problem!  You wouldn't believe how often she goes right to the root of the problem!

Thanks once again, Imalia.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
@sharris: You made me LOL there. I can imagine that you were a bit embarrassed to have to admit that, but I think it was a wonderful joke!

And indeed thank you, Imalia, for finding the issue so flawlessly.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline sharris

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »
Yup, Boiling Oil, i'm good and embarassed. I'm just happy that you all are so helpful and nice here and that I haven't been banned for being a dunce  :blush:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »
But then we would all have to be banned for being dunces. 

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »
:lol: Yup, we've all been required to admit to errors we've made at one time or another, so if *that* was sufficient reason to ban anyone, this forum would not exit for lack of suitable members.

I would request one minor thing of you though, sharris. And that is that you do *not* insert a space in my name next time you address me. I'm BoilingOil, thank you very much. :D

anything
anything