Author Topic: Visitor Controller has bugged my game?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Snufflepaws

• Highchair Hipster
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Visitor Controller has bugged my game?
« on: July 06, 2014, 01:44:19 AM »
I downloaded the controller mainly to rid my college lots of the annoying mascots, but it seems to have bugged my game. I did some basic testing on a residential lot, like set clothing to swimwear to see when exactly the effect takes place. Then I turned it back to everyday. But now, whenever a sim enters a room with a toilet in it, the sim changes to swimwear while walking through the door (no spinning). I've deleted content registry and removed the controller, but the same thing is happening.

Please post any suggestions as to how to fix this. All my sims are now walking around in swimwear 80% of the time.  :blink:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Visitor Controller has bugged my game?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 02:08:58 AM »
What EPs do you have, and which version of the VC did you get? In other words: are you certain you had the correct VC version for your game?

Whatever the situation was, chances are that you'll need to reinstall the VC and find the setting that causes sims to change when passing a toilet door. Then you may need to undo that setting.

But perhaps someone else has more helpful information, because I've never used VC myself.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:51:23 AM »
Visitor Controller - Ver 5.2 (5/5/08)
By twojeffs

Requires: Seasons or higher

The VC has been completely rewritten from scratch. I’ll rewrite the RTFM in full later. For now I’ll just list the major differences from the previous version.

1)   Paintings are no longer required to save settings on community lots. The hack now only contains one .package file. Make sure to delete both files from the old version when upgrading.
2)   Almost all menu options have been removed from the sim menu. Settings are now changed using an adjuster object. Menu options will only show on the active sim, and all that will appear is Adjust…Visitor Controller…Spawn Adjuster & Zoom to Adjuster.
3)   The Adjuster object does not have to remain on the lot. Spawn it, make your changes to the settings and delete it. It can be pre-placed on a community lot in buy mode and saved there if you want. Adjusters spawned on a community lot will disappear when you leave, but the settings will be saved.
4)   There are many additional settings available for banning sims. You can ban by aspiration, career, major, and many different characteristics. Most of the menu options are self-explanatory. All of the options from the previous version are still there as well.

I’ve still got a few other features I intend to add to the VC during the beta, but now that the core mod is done I want to get that tested before adding more stuff. If you have an idea go ahead and post it. Now’s the time.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Minor conflict the Pescado's phone hack. The VC needs to load after the phone hack for all functions to work. VC includes any changes the phone hack makes, plus additional changes.

I agree with BO, if there are problems with saved settings, you need to reinstall the VC so you can set the settings back to the default.  If you don't have Seasons or higher, you need an earlier version for your latest (by release date) EP.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:57:38 AM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Snufflepaws

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 04:41:51 AM »
By reinstalling do you mean removing the file from Downloads and putting it back? Because I've already tried that.

I downloaded the AL version as I have all EPs and SPs.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
If you take out VC completely, does the problem still exist?  If it does, do you also have Inge Jones' changing doors?  A different house and family?  How about if all mods are removed except for VC?  Have you run the HCDU?

There's  so much you can and must do in troubleshooting your game.  The sticky posts TJ put up so many years ago still apply today. 

Offline Snufflepaws

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 03:32:03 AM »
It seems to be just the lot I tested that's now bugged, so to avoid complication I'm just deleting that lot and the VC. Shame, I hate the mascots with a passion. I don't suppose there's a mod specifically removing them? They're all I want gone.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
Deleting a lot really shouldn't be necessary.  If the FFS Debugger can't reset your lot, then try saving the lot to a file, using the Clean Installer to install the lot segment only, and then testing to see if it is cleared of whatever was bugging it.  Sometimes, too, just moving the family out and moving them back in again may work.

Did you follow Ancient Highway's advice and check your mods with the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from www.simwardrobe.com ?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:02:12 AM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
ZZ you have a "?" at the end of the link and it does not work, http://www.simwardrobe.com/  .

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:02:57 AM »
Oops!  My bad.  I've put it right now, thanks, Mark!

anything