Author Topic: A Quick Question regarding the Visitor Controller  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
A Quick Question regarding the Visitor Controller
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:34:06 AM »
I've been checking my hack conflicts with the HDCU and I noticed that the Visitor Controller doesn't throw up a conflict with Pescado's Phone Hack, despite the hack description saying that it conflicts.

Has the conflict been fixed or is the HDCU just not picking it up?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
Re: A Quick Question regarding the Visitor Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 05:47:59 AM »
It only says it needs to load after the phone hack to work.

This hack modifies one of the same files as Pescado's phone hack. In order for the visitors stay later functions to work properly, this hack must be loaded by the game after the phone hack.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »
Sorry Mark, but two mods that both modify the same files, that is the very DEFINITION of a conflict.
So if HCDU doesn't show the conflict(s), something must be missing.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:42:31 AM »
Doesn't show a conflict in my game, either, and I know both the phone hack and the VC are working correctly.  In fact, the VC in its earlier incarnations was developed mostly while TJ was at Maty, and at that time there was an agreement between TJ and Pes that unless otherwise stated, TJ's mods would always load after Pes's, so it was simpler for people to subfolder them.  I suspect this little snippet was from that era, and maybe the earlier versions of the VC and phonehack did show conflicts, and TJ therefore included the advice so people would know the normal place they stored TJ's mods would be OK.  The VC has changed out of all recognition since then, but maybe the info just got left behind.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »
That would explain things, indeed. At any rate, the bit that Mark quoted *does* imply conflicts. If such conflicts no longer exist, then maybe the documentation could stand a little update.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »
Probably so, indeed.  Just get confirmation from one or two other people that they, too, are not seeing any conflicts, then just delete that para.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »
Thanks for the answers. It looks as if the most recent versions don't have the clash.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
Have fun Simming, Charity. :)

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 08:17:29 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »
Hey, wait a minute... Didn't I see your name show up in some of my mod threads at Leefish? :D

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:45 AM »
I seem to be forum hopping hehe.

There was a discussion on MTS about the evil that is the Social Worker and your anti Social Worker hack got linked to and I asked you about whether or not she still came for neglect (it seems that only my evil sim considers keeping a nanny imprisoned under the house to be an acceptable solution).

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 03:20:35 AM »
Ah, so that WAS you! Linked from MTS, even... The fame of my mods is getting around, it seems. :)

But I'm utterly confused now. Why do your sims need to keep a nanny prisoner?
As I thought I have explained, with my mod the social worker should never come. So what's the problem?

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 07:11:16 AM »
No, no, no lol. The keeping a nanny under the house was just a joke as to how to avoid the Social Worker (well 99% a joke, way back ages ago my sim did do just that). It wasn't something I needed to do with your hack.

And that's not the first one of your hacks to be recommended. You have some useful ones!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:13:13 AM by Charity »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 08:39:32 AM »
Ah, I get it. My mod is the "nanny under the house". :)

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 05:55:02 AM »
9 out of 10 nannies prefer your mod. The 10th is no longer with us. XD

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 06:18:37 AM »
Okay, I have one more question.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Get Out
Group ID: 0x7F4EA230
Instance ID: 0x0000202B
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks\Visitor Controller.package
\downloads\Hacks\CJH_Hospitals-Pets-to-AL.Package

The VC throws up a conflict with this mod in HDCU:

http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/showthread.php?5064-TS2-Hospital-Births

I found a description of the conflict.

The hospital mod will conflict with Two Jeffs' Visitor Controller and there's nothing I can do about it. 'Get Out' is the only interaction that's run on sims arriving by car from before they appear in the world 'til they're out of the car. The Visitor Controller uses that behave to change their outfits, the hospital mod uses it to remove pregnancy flags, walk and outfits and renew the disease controller when sims return from hospital. I tried to find a way to make the hospital mod compatible before but I can't. I believe it's possible to make them load in a particular order to allow them to co-exist but I have never tried.

Is it correct that if I load the VC first then the only thing that wouldn't work should be the clothes changing part and everything else should be fine, or is the conflict more complicated than that?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Two conflicting mods can often be made to 'co-exist' - as you call it - but there is always a kind of trade-off. Only the one that loads last, will actually take effect for that specific BHAV. That's why it *is* a conflict.

Normally, because we know that TJ's mods are to be trusted, we would advise making the VC load last. But in *this* particular instance, I think that loading the Hospital mod last also has merit. It will mean that the disease/pregnancy tokens will be treated as they should, but the outfit-change will be lost. There is no way to have both these functions work together, unless someone has created a mod to combine these two Get Out functions.

All other functionality of both the Hospital and the VC should work properly, though.

Offline Charity

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 01:35:17 AM »
Thank you. You've been really helpful with all my questions (and I think I'm done going through all my hack conflicts now).

I was more interested in the banning of Mrs Crumplebottom certain groups of people and in teens and kids staying later than I was in outfit changing, so loading the Hospital mod last should work. I have Simlogical's modesty sign to stop my Victorian sims from wandering around in their underwear. XD

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »
I'm glad I could help once more, Charity. Thank you for coming to us with your questions :)