Author Topic: simmanipulator.com  (Read 27504 times)

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
  • What can change the nature of man?
simmanipulator.com
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »
Sim Manipulator is site I created to host my mods, But there is a small social area as well. Here is the link  http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/.  All mods are for The Sims 2.

Registration is no longer required to download anything.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:03:57 PM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
Re: simmanipulator.com
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:19:57 AM »
Oooohhhhh.....

A new shiny link to a new shiny place for new shiny toys!

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:48 AM »
What is the simmanipulator mod and for which game is it, TS2 or TS3? Can't find any information about this there.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:34:30 AM »
Sim Manipulator is site I created to host my mods, But there is a small social area as well. Here is the link  http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/.

In order to download anything one must be a member.

I was wondering: what mods? Clearly, we need to subscribe before we're allowed to know... :)
"Alright kid, we'll tell you what we head-hunters do, but first you must agree to be our prey!"

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
I am crazy excited about this mod! Congrats Aaron~
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
I thought I had posted all mods were for TS2, But  I will fix that shortly. The Sim Manipulator is basically a mod similar to the Insimenator.  But with some differences, The main one being sims will gain proper memories and wants satisfied, Like when they become any of the creatures(zombie,vampire, etc).

Update guests can view downloads now, But must be a member to download any of them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:30:55 AM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
Don't seem to actually be able to find any real information - which if it's as complex as Insim, I think most people would want to read first.  No doubt you have this information included in the download, but no harm in actually posting it as a sticky, is there?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
Don't seem to actually be able to find any real information - which if it's as complex as Insim, I think most people would want to read first.  No doubt you have this information included in the download, but no harm in actually posting it as a sticky, is there?

Most of the info should be in the download thread, Which should be viewable by guests now.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
Oh, I was looking in  this thread .....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 12:47:40 PM »
Grabbed the mod tor more sane jealousy! :cheese: Hope it will work with all my other mods.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »
@ZZ: Yeah, me too... you need to click the word 'link' in that one to find the real info ;)

There's one very important thing missing on that really enormous list of features: where to find the manipulator after installation! Does one buy it or spawn it? And if it's bought, from what section of the catalog, at what price? That would certainly be useful info for people to have.

It certainly looks/feels/smells/sounds like something that - perhaps - could eventually even run rings around the Sim Blender, which - let's be honest - would be quite a feat!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
Wow, it looks great!  I'm currently having issues with my game so I'll wait to grab it until I've got everything straightened out. 

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »
@ZZ: Yeah, me too... you need to click the word 'link' in that one to find the real info ;)

There's one very important thing missing on that really enormous list of features: where to find the manipulator after installation! Does one buy it or spawn it? And if it's bought, from what section of the catalog, at what price? That would certainly be useful info for people to have.

It certainly looks/feels/smells/sounds like something that - perhaps - could eventually even run rings around the Sim Blender, which - let's be honest - would be quite a feat!

lol. I knew I forgot something, I just couldn't remember what.
All Manipulators can be found under buy mode then decorations then scriptures and cost $0, They also can be spawned from the destination menu. The download thread has now been updated to say that as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:35:34 PM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
Must. Have. New. Shiny.

Looks totally awesome, Aaroneous!  Registering to download now!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Uniqueness

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »
Hmm...I must remember to have a peek later.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

I'll have to have a peek later too.  *has paperwork to do first*
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 07:06:39 PM »
Today there are two new mods, One there is now a  ACR compatible version of my mod "More Sane Jealousy". Secondly I released a fix for adult males and young adult males, That fixes the blue fangs and teeth they get when vampires. I am aware Cyjon made a similar mod, But I could never get it to work with my game.

For those curious about what caused the flashing blue vampire teeth read below.

Basically when EA made the teeth, They referred to a material definition instance number that was non-existent. They also referred to a material definition by the wrong name.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:19:26 PM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:01:58 AM »
Selfish question if I may.
I'm really rather enamored with all the options the Manipulator has. I'm building a set of mini story-based challenges for myself, built around all the quick changes I can make to my sims' lives.

However, I don't really like getting the spawn menu in the destination menu. My sims need to run away from zombies all too often, and it's too easy to click the wrong thing. I also reserve the right to teleport to my elite sims. Would it be possible for a non-menu/non-teleport version to be released?

Thanks again for this lovely mod. It makes my sims miserable, but it makes me, very, very happy. :)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 06:29:40 AM »
Secondly I released a fix for adult males and young adult males, That fixes the blue fangs and teeth they get when vampires. I am aware Cyjon made a similar mod, But I could never get it to work with my game.

Cyjon's never worked for me either.  I'll give yours a try.   :thumb: 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
Selfish question if I may.
I'm really rather enamored with all the options the Manipulator has. I'm building a set of mini story-based challenges for myself, built around all the quick changes I can make to my sims' lives.

However, I don't really like getting the spawn menu in the destination menu. My sims need to run away from zombies all too often, and it's too easy to click the wrong thing. I also reserve the right to teleport to my elite sims. Would it be possible for a non-menu/non-teleport version to be released?

Thanks again for this lovely mod. It makes my sims miserable, but it makes me, very, very happy. :)

Actually it is already possible to have no destination menus. As I am sure your aware of the Sim Manipulator is split into 3 packages, The one named Sim_Manipulator_DestinationMenu_AddOn.package edits the destination menu can be remove from the game. If you do not wish the dest menu to be altered. There should be a package for the sim menu too, That can be removed. Just don't remove the Sim_Manipulator.package as that is the main part of the mod.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:22:08 PM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
Oh!
Smart person is smart.

Silly person didn't read the description as carefully as she could have. :rolleyes:
Sorry about that. Okay, now you're my favorite.  Thank you! :thumb:

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
Today the Sim Manipulator(mod) has been updated with several new features and bug fixes.

Sims can now resurrect any sim in the current neighborhood. They do not need to know the sim nor do they need any money. Does not require the University expansion pack.

Sims can  set or clear BFF flags.

Quick relations now includes BFF.

Giving a child or teen an A+ in school will now give them the proper memories and wants satisfied(Includes Family as well).

Putting Children and teens in Private school will now give them proper memories and wants satisfied(Includes parents).

New menu Set Zodiac:  Allows sims to set their zodiac sign, Includes pets.

Under Change Cloths menu sims can now change into Outerwear.

New menu Enable Save: allows sims to re-enable the save, neighborhood, build mode, buy mode buttons.

New menu Fix Aspiration: Will scan the entire neighborhood for sims with an invalid aspiration and set it to a random valid aspiration. Excludes special or non-social sims like the Grim Reaper. Includes sims that have no aspiration, teens and older who have the grow up aspiration, or children and younger who don't have the grow up aspiration.

Under Quick Relations menu there are four new groups to use. All Females On Lot, All Males On Lot, All Females In Neighborhood, and All Males In Neighborhood.

Under Alter Time menu sims can now alter the day of the week. Day will not reset back to the day it should be at midnight.

Under Delete Sim menu sims can remove all sims on lot but currently selected sim.

New Menu Alter Aspirations Points under Aspiration menu Will allows sims to add or subtract 1 to 30000 points from themselves.

Under the Health Menu Sims can alter their current temperature to Very Cold(Freezes Solid), Cold, Normalize, Hot, Or Very Hot(Heat Stroke). Can be for a single sim or all sims on lot.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31:18 AM »
Sweet! Thank you so much! :thumb:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
A bit late, but wanted to add my "kudos" too!

When I finally manage to get back to the game, I plan on adding the Manipulator to my coveted mod collection!

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »
Yes, awesome, i've so been needing the outerwear option.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »

Okay, I thought I was already registered at your site but I wasn't & tried to yesterday & got to the part where I am supposed to get an activation email but no email has arrived & when I try to log in it says I am trying to use either an inactive/unregistered User Name or bad password...

...so, um...help!

I'm too dumb to join your site but I really wanna get the manipulator!

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Unless your using a different name of there, I do not even see you in the data base. Secondly this may sound stupid... But have you checked your spam mail. I know some spam filters think emails from my site are spam.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
Yep, same name.

Nothing in the Spam folder, so let me try & re-register, in case it was just a matter of crappy timing on my part. (My ISP was being something of a putz yesterday, so maybe something didn't "take" right...)

*leaves to try registering right now*

*Edited To Add*

Well, I couldn't use my main email or my normal user name (as they both got me an angry "this-has-already-been-taken-by-another-user" message) however using my back-up email & changing my name to Zirconia Wolf II seemed to do the trick as I got my confirmation email instantly.

So I guess all systems are now a go...so long as I remember who I am on that particular site!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:56:00 PM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Yes it is right that your original name is taken. The original account was never fully activate. It seems you never got the email to activate it  :hmm: . If you wish I can remove the original user account and rename your new account to that name.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »
That would be cool, but don't worry about it if it's complicated or something: in the scheme of life, it's not a huge tragedy or anything...

I'm just tickled I finally got the manipulator...oh, and your awesome thingy that adds the labels to those blasted witch spells! Thanks a ton for that!!

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
And the deed is done.  :smile:

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
Wow- that was fast!

Yay! I'm me again!

Also wanted to say thanks for making Zombie-ism reversible (like all the other supernatural states in the damn game are) with the Manipulator! Holy @#$%, what was Maxis thinking with that "incurable" crap!

Now I have an option if I don't want to wait for the random kindness of Aliens via BO's abduction mod (still awesome too)...thanks again!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42:17 PM »
I tried the Manipulator quite some time back. I liked it but it didn't have certain features that InSim can do, ones I require. If the Manipulator ever has them then I will gladly switch.

Off the top of my head (the first one of which had the Manipulator quickly pulled & InSim put back in)
1, aging - being able to add & subtract 1 day (also handy would be to also add/subtract however many days I want, which I do with InSim occasionally). 

2, health - being able to cure everyone in the hood, not just on the lot.

3, pregnancy - change the number of babies expected for a current pregnancy.

4, not sure if the Manipulator has a option for "Give birth now" under pregnancy stage or not but that is a real time saver for me when I'm fast playing a family/sim to bring them up to speed with other households.

:ninja:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
What would interest me most, I think, is the ability to remove all skill points, all hobby points, make immediately unemployed when I choose (ie when first made selectable before moving in with a teleporter) so that when I play a hood where I decide to move townies in, they start off even with CAS sims....

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:54 PM »
I never used the insiminator, but when i was reading about it, i saw it had an option to adjust the household finances. That would be nice to have on the manipulator as well. Because the cheat doesn't work properly anymore once you have more then one family with the same household name. Which happens the minute kids move out and live on their own.

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 01:20:20 AM »
@Sleepycat under the Pregnancy menu on the Sim Manipulator or Pregnancy Manipulator there is an menu called "Change Number of Babies To", Which of course changes the number of babies expected. Also under the Pregnancy menu there is menu called " Change Stage", Which will allow a sim to change what pregnancy stage they are in(one of them being give birth).

Add/subtract one day to days left and cure everyone in the neighborhood of sickness may appear in future updates.

@zephyrzodiac it's definitely possible, I will certainly look into it.

@Pleun A finances menu is already in the works. One of the reasons being because of the familyfunds cheat being pretty much useless.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:44:35 AM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:46 AM »
I usually change the names of *sub-families* in SimPE, Uni if a college student, or 1, 2, 3 etc. for the secondary families.  Then, the familyfunds cheat should work.  Mind you, I never actually use it - my sims have to make do with what they have earned, and take a mortgage....

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »
@Sleepycat under the Pregnancy menu on the Sim Manipulator or Pregnancy Manipulator there is an menu called "Change Number of Babies To", Which of course changes the number of babies expected. Also under the Pregnancy menu there is menu called " Change Stage", Which will allow a sim to change what pregnancy stage they are in(one of them being give birth).

Add/subtract one day to days left and cure everyone in the neighborhood of sickness may appear in future updates.

Cool.  :thumb: 

I have decided that since the manipulator has almost everything I require (and a few features I really want to have/try!), to put it back in. I will be hoping a "add/subtract 1 day" feature will appear in a near-future update but in the meantime, I can always use simpe or switch out the manipulator & InSim as needed. 

I'll be looking forward to the finances menu since that is another InSim feature I use occasionally.

Any chance of a option to add "6 want locks" in one shot?  I always give my sims [from toddlers up] extra locks and it'd be so nice not to have to do quite so much clicking:P

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »

I have decided that since the manipulator has almost everything I require (and a few features I really want to have/try!), to put it back in. I will be hoping a "add/subtract 1 day" feature will appear in a near-future update but in the meantime, I can always use simpe or switch out the manipulator & InSim as needed. 
The Insim and the Sim Manipulator can be installed at the same time. Just be aware the destination add on for the Sim Manipulator is only compatible with the object version of the Insim.

Any chance of a option to add "6 want locks" in one shot?  I always give my sims [from toddlers up] extra locks and it'd be so nice not to have to do quite so much clicking:P
I do not know if it is possible to do it all in one shot... But I will look into it.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
I think it shouldn't be hard... The primitive that handles this, adds only one slot/lock per time it is called, so you would just have your BHAV make multiple calls to that primitive. I can look up the info for it, if you like ;)

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
I think it shouldn't be hard... The primitive that handles this, adds only one slot/lock per time it is called, so you would just have your BHAV make multiple calls to that primitive. I can look up the info for it, if you like ;)

That's precisely what I was thinking of trying, But from my experiences some primitives do not like to run back to back, Like the "Run Tree By Name" primitive. Though even that could be remedied by placing an idle global call between them.

While I do appreciate the offer... I will be fine trying it. I doubt it will take long.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »
The Insim and the Sim Manipulator can be installed at the same time. Just be aware the destination add on for the Sim Manipulator is only compatible with the object version of the Insim.

I hadn't realized that! *removes the destination add on and puts InSim back in*   :prancing: 

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
Make that a ditto on the dancing smiley dude!

The OBJ InSim is the only one I ever used (much less "invasive" that way) so it's great to know that it will play nice with the Manipulator!

Weeeeee!

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
Heck, I've got all three 'manipulators'  in my game (Insim, Sim Manipulator, and the Sim Blender)-even though the HCDU lists them as conflicted, haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »
Aaroneous, I used the Manipulator to change a sim into a zombie and his skin didn't change.  :hmm: 

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 12:34:42 AM »
Aaroneous, I used the Manipulator to change a sim into a zombie and his skin didn't change.  :hmm:

It appears to be a bug in the current version of the mod. It only affects the zombie's skin... everything else that comes with being a zombie is apply to the sim. In the near future there will be a small update to the Sim Manipulator to fix the zombie skin problem and a few other bugs that slipped into the current version. Good news is that the game should automatically fix the zombie's skin when the lot is loaded(if you saved the game).

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »
 :thumb:

Edit - so far I'm loving the relationship adjuster!

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »
Today there are two new mods. Firstly No Job Or School Chance Cards will prevent all chances cards from appearing for both jobs and sims in school. Secondly Auto Save Game Creates a dialog that pops up asking if you wish to save your game. If so the game will automatically be saved, If not the game will carry on with out saving. By default it happens every 24 sims hours, But can be change if one wishes.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
Great!!! Finally no more chance cards! Thank you, man: I needed that! :bow:

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28:33 AM »
Secondly Auto Save Game Creates a dialog that pops up asking if you wish to save your game. If so the game will automatically be saved, If not the game will carry on with out saving. By default it happens every 24 sims hours, But can be change if one wishes.

OMG, i so needed something like that. I had actually been thinking about asking for something like this, or even just a reminder popup, because i always forget to save. And then my game crashes, and i lose a lot of progress. Just last weekend i spend 3 day playing over the exact same days in one household, because my game had crashed each time. So thank you, thank you, thank you.