Author Topic: Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 5/5/11  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 5/5/11
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:58:34 PM »
Random Sims 2 Stuff

NEWS FLASH:

The remodeled Sims 2 University lots are available at the end of the thread.

Sims 2 Lots:

I have been remodeling several Maxis community lots from the Downtown neighborhood that came with Nightlife because I did not like their original designs for numerous reasons: crowding, lack of facilities, better arrangements and more lighting among those reasons. Plus I made them available for my own use in custom Downtown 'hoods (blank/empty templates) because I did not need 100 Maxis community lots installed. The ones I picked are the ones I liked a lot and used more often.

I try to keep the community lots as Maxis as possible to be compatible with all types of game setups, but there may be one or two items I might have placed from other EPs and SPs. I don't have AGS to start up and check because Numenor's AGS does not work with the digital version of Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden.

These are small to medium lots (with some larger ones) that I wanted to keep simple so I don't have to wait forever to load a huge lot. Some of these lots will have one theme like a community gym, community museum and etc.

These are the screenshots of the lots that I've done:

Chadron Community Park:

The park features a basketball court for a quick scrimmage, picnic tables with grills, ample fishing, children's playground and a gazebo for all ages to enjoy a warm Saturday afternoon together as a family or as an outing.

I built a basic community lot with Maxis stuff (when I can remember what came from the base game and at least Nightlife) with a couple of things thrown in from FT, AL and MG. There are a couple of custom items to be had from MTS:

Menaceman44's wood/metal recolor of the swing
Sophie-David's custom posts - Download all of the posts from there

Chadron Community Pool:

A better public pool with aesthetic designs to look nice and relaxing as if the pool was at a resort. The pool has an outdoor diner for Sims to come up and sit down to have a bite, two vending machines and a couple of video arcades. There's bathroom facilities for both genders plus sheltered chaise lounges to relax and read a book without worrying about sunburn.

Must have PETS to be able to use the floor striping.

Remodeled Fresh Rush Grocery (Maxis):

I stripped a lot of junk from this really nice grocery store and streamlined the place. The original lot had a lot of clutter all over the floor, an indoor grill (No, I don't want Sims setting fires to the store inside), 2 cash registers (For those of us using Pescado's mods to minimize NPCs, this was a bad idea. No moar hundreds of cashier clerks), knocked out a couple of walls to make more room and added more lighting to the lot in and out.

The one on the left is the remodeled version. The one on the right is the original Maxis lot.

Nothing custom is used for this one.

Remodeled Sims Gone Wired (Maxis):

This is my favorite "Internet Cafe" community lot that's been remodeled completely on both floors. I knocked out the indoor stairs on the first floor, stripped out a lot of clutter junk, changed the wall and floor colors, added more lighting and cleaned up the first floor layout for better movement and less crowding.

The one on the far left is the first floor of the remodeled lot. The left middle is the second floor of the remodeled lot. The other two on the right are of the original Maxis lot.

Nothing custom is used for this one. I am not sure what EP the brick wall is from, but I hope it came with NL.

Remodeled Red's Famous `50s Diner (Maxis):

I stripped a handful of clutter junk from this cool lot and added more seating and lighting to make the place bright and shiny. Took out a few walls that led to the bathrooms and to an odd room with only a table and a single chair in it. I chose different wall hangings that I think would fit the '50s theme. I think a pool table recolor (red or white) would have looked great, but I didn't go look to see if there is or not.

The one on the left is the brighter and cleaner version. The one on the right is the original Maxis lot.

Nothing custom for this one either.

Remodeled Crypt O' Night Club (Maxis):

Not much has been done to remodel the night club except for a few things that you could see obviously on this Maxis lot. I tore out the back part because with Seasons, who wants to sit outside in thick snow and eat snow-covered food? I threw in a couple of nice in-ground tubs, changed booths and chairs, took out some of the half walls next to the podium and changed mirrors in the women's bathroom so I can see who goes in there. I barricaded the bartending area so the stupid Grand Vampires can't get to the tasty food behind the bar. Like I said, not much has changed in appearance. I liked this one for its Gothic look.

The one on the left is the remodeled version of Crypt O' Night Club. The one on the right is the original Maxis lot.

No custom content. Must have PETS because I used the floor striping to mark the two areas with hot tubs as private so the children can be shooed out of the back if they visit.

Remodeled Speedy's Fast Lanes Bowling and Eats (Maxis):

This cute little bowling alley had gone under a lot of remodeling because when I first played this lot, there was major crowding issues between the lanes and the seating. Lighting was piss poor for this lot with almost complete darkness outside. I added a photo booth and took out a couple of counters to make movement better in that area. Crowding was an issue in that area with the cook and waitress not having room to move around in. I expanded the front entrance landing to make more room for Sims to go up and down without screaming about their routing failures.

The one on the left is the shiny remodeled lot. The one on the right was the drab looking Maxis lot.

Nothing custom for this one either.

Remodeled Cold Issue Clothing:

I liked the retro (or fab) look of this clothing store and thought that this was a very nicely decorated community lot. But there was a wall in the back of the interior that really limited the Sims' movement and caused crowding issues. I tore out the chainlink fence in the rear of the building, knocked out some useless fencing on the second floor and added more lighting as well a photo booth. Moved the decorations away from the front entrance so the Sims can go in and out with ease.

The new totally fab lot looked a lot better on the left. The evil original Maxis lot on the right was asking for a total remodel.

No custom content.

Remodeled Midnight Flows (Maxis):

Everybody Gotta Dance! This totally fab night club had some minor tweaks to look much cleaner and roomier with more lighting added in and out to dark areas of the lot. I did have a Human Statue and a Break Dancer in one version of the remodeled community lot, but no one went to them for pure entertainment. I didn't care much for break dancing or see an use for a Human Statue. I did wonder why EA had to add that Human Statue to AL's stuff. Silly EA and their ideas...

This retro lot got the moves ready for its night crowd on the left. The one on the right had some Maxis "eh" moments.

No custom content.

I will upload the lots and link them once I clean and package them to share with those who like similar stuff that I use for my custom 'hoods.

To Cover My Butt:

All of the things you see in the screenshots may or may not be available with the lots depending on the creators' ToUs and depending on what EPs and SPs you have installed. If there's custom content on a lot, links will be provided so you may choose to download if you want.

What I Have:

Base Game, ALL EPs (up to Mansion&Garden) and ALL SPs (up to whatever it was but got them all)

Caveat Emptor:

The lots shown requires Nightlife period. No other way around not having them. They were the original Maxis lots that came with Nightlife and are seen in the Downtown 'hoods.

Will Add Later:

Screen shots of the original Maxis lots for better comparisons
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:05:11 PM by Chaavik »
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »
Random Sims 3 Stuff:

I have made a handful of Sims 3 mods up to Outdoor Living Stuff. They are currently hosted at Chaavik's Little Corner at MTS.

These mods have been verified to be compatible with Outdoor Living Stuff. Remember the Highlander rule: Only one mod shall prevail over other similar mods.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:00:31 PM by Chaavik »
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings (4/6/10)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
Random Stuff Updates, Alerts And Whatnot

These are some of the mods I've done on my own and are available from my MediaFire account for those of you who don't like visiting the mammoth (huge) sites like TSR, MTS, IS and etc. Registration is not required to download the goodies. I also have Sims 3 mods, but I honestly forgot about updating them. The newer updates for Sims 3 are at MTS. Sorry, folks!

Sims 2:

Sims 2 Mods And Lots

Sims 3:

Get the updated stuff from either IS or MTS.

In The Works:

These mods are pending to be packaged to be uploaded to share with you folks if you want them.

Shorter Breastfeeding Time - Sims 2 Base (April 4th, 2010)

Aelflaed made a request over at IS to have the breastfeeding times shortened. Without a mod to shorten the breastfeeding times, it takes a mother about 3 to 4 hours to breastfeed her baby which I think was too long for the game. In real life, 3 to 4 hours can be very tiring and frustrating for some who opt to breastfeed their babies. Most I know only need an hour or two to care for their precious little ones. So I tried to simulate the "real life feeling" by shortening the times in a BCON-based file to at least 2 hours or less. The only motive that has to be filled first is the baby's Hunger before the mother finish breastfeeding. The Social and Comfort motives weren't tweaked because they seemed to be filled on their own independently.

The mod supports Mr Squinge's breastfeeding mod (all versions) and probably can be a standalone mod. It does not affect bottles or cribs. It only affects breastfeeding (BCON only). It does not affect breastfeeding behavior (BHAV-based).

Look for it to become available soon.

No Motive Decay From Cauldron - AL (April 4th, 2010)

This mod reduces the rate of motive decay or eliminates the motive decay completely (Can't remember which but witches/warlocks can continue to use their cauldrons for a long time with this mod installed) from using the cauldron as a witch/warlock. I had this mod for a long time and uploaded it to IS awhile back. Must have AL installed to use this one. Is not carried forward to MG. Will conflict with other mods affecting cauldrons (BHAV-only).

Look for this soon to become available.

Monique's Computers - AL (4/6/10)

I've begun a project to mainstream the computers into a single folder sharing the same BCONs and BHAVs so four individual folders won't be needed to keep them separate like they were on IS and to reduce the conflicts between these computers: Cheap, Expensive, Laptop, Sunair Light. I am hoping this will work with just the models placed in one folder that contains all of the BHAVs and BCONs. One of the files has been updated to reflect a fix that I found, but I don't remember what it is now.

There is a possible issue that might surface as people have reported in the past in Monique's original computer threads at MTS and from what I remembered discussing with AH. It is possible for a computer to throw an odd error pointing to a Sim's ID if a Sim is not part of the family. This only seems to happen in custom 'hoods with cleaned or empty templates. AncientHighway and I have not been able to track down this particular bug, and neither did Monique when she was around. The bug is located somewhere in the "MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller" file.

NEWS FLASH:

Monique appeared to have returned after 3 years of absence at MTS, but she also appeared not to be saying anything. So I am going to find out if she is back for sure or if the staff had to go in and take care of something with her account. She was last active on March 25, 2010, not October 27, 2008. I'll let you know what's up.

I have her permission to upload the FT/AL computers although they were already done. If you need to see proof, ask me.

Alerts:

These mods were were special requests or some things I thought of to improve the game in one way or other.

More Fun And Longer Crossword Puzzle - Universal (April 4th, 2010)

This mod boosts the Fun motive much more for Sims reading newspapers and doing crossword puzzles. I lengthened the amount of time it takes for a Sim to do a crossword puzzle and gain at least 1 or 2 Logic skill points. It is a base game mod so it will work with all EPs and SPs. Will conflict with other newspaper based mods (BCON-only).

No Autonomous Give Financial Advice - FT (April 4th, 2010)

This mod curbs the autonomous behavior of Sims with the Fortune aspiration as their primary or secondary aspiration (also with Give Financial Advice benefit) from going to the Maxis computers all the time to give financial advice. Only affects Maxis computers or custom computers based on Maxis computers (BHAV-only). You don't need this if you have the FT or AL Monique computers. Must have FT installed obviously.

No Autonomous Family Kiss - AL (April 4th, 2010)

This mod nukes the autonomous behavior "Family Kiss" when Sims autonomously "Family Kiss" other Sims. But the mod will not nuke the interaction itself when you click Family Kiss on another Sim. Will conflict with other mods affecting Family Kiss (BHAV-only). Must have AL installed and can be used with MG.

No Autonomous Play Fetch - PETS (4/6/10)

This mod nukes the autonomous behavior of Sims and the dogs playing fetch. This has become an issue when dogs keep dragging the Sims outside to play fetch a bit excessively. The mod does not nuke the "Play Fetch" interaction when you click on the dog to play fetch with. Must have Pets installed to use it. This mod might conflict with other mods affecting the Play Fetch interaction (BHAV-only).

The Kids Activity Table - FT+ (12/27/08)

This activity table was cloned from the Maxis activity table and made non-autonomous. It is a standalone object with its own GUID so it will not override the original Maxis activity table. Must have FreeTime installed to use this mod.

This cloned table will conflict with other activity tables overriding the original Maxis activity table as someone reported to me recently - Irma's activity table (MTS) will conflict with this one. Choose this or the other. You may recolor and upload them. I only ask that you give credit and link back to my activity table.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:07:55 PM by Chaavik »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 4/6/10
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:03:34 AM »
Just wanted so say "WOW!" & thanks for all these amazing goodies!

(Especially the re-done lots! I think I can count on one hand the number of Maxis lots I don't need to "bulldoze" to make playable...)
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 06:28:42 AM »
Chaavik, if you could make that breastfeeding one only when the baby's hunger is lower it would help also.  The baby's hunger will barely have moved off of full/well fed/I'm gonna get fat when the mom goes in and starts all over again!  :omg: I really start  :blink: using testingcheats on to pull those motives up.   ANYthing would be greatly appreciated.  :hug:

The rest of those sound great also!  :thumb:

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »
I plan to upload the community lots except for one which I stupidly forgot to save when I deleted one town that had it. So I will rebuild the community park and hopefully it will look similar to what the pic showed.

As for the breastfeeding mod, it will fill the baby's Hunger completely. It is Squinge's breastfeeding mod that was the problem. He posted a non-autonomous version that didn't work. I asked him to look into it awhile back to see why the mothers keep going back into the nurseries to breastfeed their babies constantly. But he seemed to completely stop doing anything with Sims 2 (probably retired).

I might get around to cleaning up the community lots and packing them before I upload them later this afternoon or evening.

*Edited*

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did PM Monique to ask her about uploading the FT and AL computers, but she never answered it. So I think one of the mods on MTS might have logged into her account to clean up something like they do with other inactive accounts. I guess it was routine maintenance on their part.

But I will keep an eye out in case if she does come back.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:59:24 AM by Chaavik »

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:26:02 AM »
Chaavik, if you could make that breastfeeding one only when the baby's hunger is lower it would help also.  The baby's hunger will barely have moved off of full/well fed/I'm gonna get fat when the mom goes in and starts all over again!  :omg: I really start  :blink: using testingcheats on to pull those motives up.   ANYthing would be greatly appreciated.  :hug:

The rest of those sound great also!  :thumb:

I don't know whether it depends on personality or whatever, but I can't say that the original (autonomous) breastfeeding mod always works that way. I do have some mothers who really seem to like breastfeeding and often return to the crib to feed the baby. Others though will rather get a bottle from the fridge and I have to cancel the action and tell them to breastfeed.
I usually do not wait until the pick up the baby and tell them to feed the baby every 4 - 6 hours; it may takes an hour then. This routine could have an influence too.
One thing I have noticed though - and I don't think I have seen it before AL - is that sometimes a mother - the more stupid ones? - who is holding the baby will walk off to pass the baby to another sim when I tell her to nurse it, instead of putting it on the floor or into the crib. The really stupid ones never seem to learn that this does not work.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 5/8/10
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
I cleaned the lots, packed them into .rar files and uploaded them to MediaFire to share with you. I do want to apologize in advance for some of the lots with "messed up" images when you see them in the Lot bin. This was because I had some of the tall buildings (neighborhood objects) in front of some lots. I didn't think to move them away from the neighborhood objects, but eh.. I tried.

Next, I'm going to rebuild my community park to look very similar to the one I showed previously.

Sims Gone Wired has gone under one more revamp since I last took a screenshot. I replaced the booths with chairs instead because they looked better to fit the bright and clean theme of the restaurant. I think the chairs are NL-based.

Please let me know if the lots installed okay or if they are missing something. If they are missing something, then it's a bet the missing content came from an EP you don't have. I mentioned that I have ALL EPs and SPs installed.

If there is a Maxis lot you want to see here, please ask here and not in PMs. :)

*Edited*

The new Chadron Community Park looked very identical to the original community park I forgot to save by accident. I used the screenshot to place most items where they should be. The only difference is the pond and the dirt terrain I used for the playground and the banks of the pond. Everything else looked the same.

It's available now.

*Edited*

I received word from Monique herself at MTS that she's no longer participating in the Sims 2 community. She gave permission for the FT/AL computers to be updated and uploaded which were already updated and uploaded at IS. So, it is good to see her return somewhat to the community if not modding for Sims 2.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:06:22 PM by Chaavik »

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 6/2/10
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
I am getting Sims 3 Ambitions tonight and will be updating all of my Sims 3 mods this and next week. I might come up with a few new mods if I find something annoying in the game. In the meantime,  remember to remove your mods and back up your relevant Sims 3 stuff before you install Ambitions. Oh, and check for new Ambitions mod updates to replace what you got for HELS.

This is the one I have been waiting for and wanting for a long time considering that I liked the idea of having a tattoo shop and blowing things up.  :halo:

So if you have requests for something in Sims 3, let me and Twoftmama know. I don't know if she's doing anything with Sims 3 lately, but I know I am. I plan to check her mods for Ambitions updates at CT.

No sex, teen pregnancy or relationship mod requests please. That's Twoftmama's area. I use hers instead.  :cheese:

Oh, a damn shame they didn't think of this for Sims 2 to run a tattoo shop and blow things up...

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
<snip>
One thing I have noticed though - and I don't think I have seen it before AL - is that sometimes a mother - the more stupid ones? - who is holding the baby will walk off to pass the baby to another sim when I tell her to nurse it, instead of putting it on the floor or into the crib. The really stupid ones never seem to learn that this does not work.

The really stupid ones never learn that their annoying behaviors never work....

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
I has Sims 3 Ambitions and will lern 2 update mah modz.  :P

Offline music2ologist

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:24 AM »
Thanks for all the bright ideas!  I won't download your lots, because I have fun doing the makeovers myself.  Have you thought of having a nightclub upstairs at Cold Issue Clothing?  I removed the trapdoor and inserted the grand double stairway.  Upstairs it is now sumptuous, with swag curtains, bar, poker table, bubbler, and one naughty shower in a side cubicle for my entertainment.  It has been very popular, and is always full of life whichever sim arrives.

Edit - Sorry, I meant Hans Trap Door Co., of course!  That's the only one with a trapdoor.  I wonder what it was for?  I looked for secrets, but there were none.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:48:26 AM by Sleepycat »

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
I never explored that lot to its fullest extent with my Sims, but I heard it had a trapdoor of some kind. If you google it, there might be answers regarding that lot.

*Edit*

I adapted one of Chris' mods that affect breastfeeding to be compatible to allow shorter breastfeeding periods. But if you want Chris' version with my minor change, then I will ask him if it is ok to host it or to have it hosted there.

I might have more lots done, but I am open to requests for cleaned up Maxis lots from the original Nightlife downtown area. And maybe the Uni lots. Let me know.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:07:26 PM by Chaavik »

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 08:22:13 PM »
I am working on a series of Maxis lots from all three Uni 'hoods that I like for my custom Uni 'hood. Pictures and lots coming soon! If you have an Uni lot in mind that you want redone, let me know!

Haven't had the chance to ask Chris if I can post my version of his mod yet, but I will when I have time. Tonight, I am on a Maxis lot binge to do some lots for my 'hood. :)

I am hoping to keep these redone lots as Maxis as possible with little to no CC so everyone can enjoy them. Remember you must have University to use these lots. I -think- you can use them for your normal community lots, but use them at your own will if you want them.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:57 AM »
About Chris' mod: I just made sure that yours loads last. I think all the increased motive changes in Chris' mod are overdone anyway. Even without his 'improvements' my sims usually are best friends with their offspring before they become toddlers, and BFF before they become children. And the kids want for nothing on any other fronts either.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
His mod contains the same BCON as mine has. It is easy to change the values in the BCON. The file itself was in Chris' mod. I didn't feel like stripping it from his mod if it is already in there.

I did want my female Sims to spend -less- than 2 hours breastfeeding their babies. Chris' version didn't have that. I changed the values to the relationship -slightly- so that there is time for both the child and the mother to become friends as the child grow older. I used the female breastfeeding version so if the father was feeding the baby, the father is using the bottle.

Now, that's another whole ballgame with dickhurt's bottle feeding mod. This one enable parents to sit down and feed their babies if their comfort needs are low. I downloaded his 'latest' version from MTS which was broken because it broke all of the fridges in the game. I read the complaints in the thread and decided to investigate the problem. One of the BHAVs was missing something. I am not sure if he used an older version of SimPE or the newer version (AL) because I am using the AL version of SimPE. He stated that it was working fine, but it's not for me and others. *shrugs* I went back to an earlier version that worked fine for me.

As for relationships, some of my Sims and their children do not become best friends until the children become children or teens. There's a variety. Only Popular Sims want that faster..

I remodeled several Uni lots and took 'before' and 'after' pictures of these lots. They are not cleaned and packaged yet. But they definitely look better and more streamlined. These lots do not have any CC or recolors because I was trying to retain as much Maxis stuff as possible on these lots.

They'll be ready this evening now that I have Internet back. Yay for Comcrap Techs!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
I know both mods contain the same BCON. HCDU told me so. So I just made sure that yours loads after his. Works very well, too: my game uses your BCON, not Chris' :)

Of course, actually overwriting/editing his BCON also works, but the above method has the advantage of not needing any permission... Tell people to load yours last... all fixed :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Re: Chaavik's Slim Pickings - 5/5/11
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »
Sims 2 University Lots

Several University lots were remodeled to suit my taste and how I think should be done for efficiency and aesthetics. These lots are small to medium with minimal to no CC and contains Maxis stuff up to Sims 2 University and one lot requiring Sims 2 Nightlife.

The lots are cleaned with Clean Installer and packaged with WinRar. If you don't have a zipping program to unzip the .rar files, then find one that can online. The recommended programs are Izarc, WinRar, 7Up and etc to name.

REQUIREMENTS:

Sims 2
Sims 2 University
Sims 2 Nightlife (only for the Cacti Cafe if you want it)
Sanity

From the left to the right are the screenshots of the original University and remodeled University lots for comparison. Some of the pictures may look like nothing changed, but they are definitely changed if you look closely in game.

51st Street Gym - La Fiesta Tech:

Knocked out the 2nd floor because gyms realistically do not have BBQ grills or holes in the roof. Also realistically do not have a kitchen at most university gyms. Moved the exercise machines for more space in between and replaced the tiles in the women's bathroom. No matching red wall tiles for the original red floor tiles. So I changed the tiles to blue to match the walls. Added more lighting to the bathrooms. Maxis did not put lights in them!

King's Musical Hall - Academy Le Tour:

Added more steps outside to the side patios and redid the bathrooms. Put in more hedges for a nicer appearance. Everything else is left untouched. Fixed the fences and added more outdoor lights for better visibility at night. The BBQ grills and outdoor furniture were removed from the hall. No one pays $50 to see a symphony at a fancy music hall with BBQ grills. Very tacky, Maxis. Also moved the telephone booth and trash can away from the front walk.

NOTE: I forgot to take a screenshot of the original lot before I started remodeling it.

Mirage Shopping Center - La Fiesta Tech:

Knocked out the 2nd floor because it had no real use except for extra shopping racks. Redid the coffee house with better color coordination and removed extra electronics from the video store and took out extra frozen food displays for better movement. Moved the telephone and trash can from the sidewalk to either side of the park bench. Added more lighting inside and outside.

Oasis Dormitory (5 rooms) - La Fiesta Tech:

I used the cheat to enable the building tools in order to add more room to the cafeteria and lounge because originally, both rooms were too cramped. The Sims were throwing routing failure fits. Expanded the front porch for better movement and moved the mailbox back from the sidewalk so students can route to the mailbox better upon returning from someplace off the lot. The bedrooms have desks, drawers, end tables, beds and alarm clocks. The whole place got new paint and floor for a brighter and cleaner look.

Romara Coffee Shop - Academy Le Tour:

Removed the fireplace and moved the furniture around so Sims can move freely around the room. Added an extra counter top to the coffee bar and took out the BBQ grill and outdoor furniture from the lot. Moved the telephone booth and trash can away from the front sidewalk. Added more lights for a better and brighter atmosphere.

Sim State Library - Sim State University:

Took out the magazine racks and cash register. Added more seats, tables and computers on the first floor and added more seats on the second floor. Put some statues into the main entry of the library for aesthetics. Extended the front entrance for more room to go up and down the stairs. Painted the terrain outside and removed the BBQ grill and outdoor furniture. Removed extra walls in the computer room for better movement around the desks. Put more trees on the other side of the building and added another fountain for better aesthetics. And deleted the music speaker. Who in their right mind wants to blast music in a public library? I moved the windows around to spread the natural sunlight more evenly throughout the library.

The Cacti Cafe - La Fiesta Tech:

Completely turned this cafe into a real cafe with a kitchen and podium. The coffee bar still remains in the back of the building with more seats and tables. Put more trees outside and painted the hilly terrain the color of dirt instead of sand. Extended both the front and rear patios for more room to move up and down the steps. Moved the telephone booth and trashcan away from the front sidewalk for better routing. Added an extra chess table and seats. Took out the BBQ grill from outside and knocked out the outdoor patio that was in the front. The original fireplace was replaced with a better looking fireplace, and the sprinklers were installed in case if a Sim decides to light a fire to the whole place. PUt in an extra bookcase to make the area look inviting and relaxing.

The Wasteland Lounge - La Fiesta Tech:

Removed BBQ grill and outdoor furniture in order to remodel the 2nd floor completley. Put in a new half roof on the other side and tried to connect all of the walls on the very top floor. Both roofs have their angles adjusted. Redecorated the first floor in a 70s style with a couple of bubble blowers. Groovy, Maxis. In addition, I made two bonus screenshots available of my personal version of The Wasteland Lounge and renamed it as The Groovy Lounge. Totally 70s, dude.. Groovy...

CAVEAT EMPTOR:

If you don't have Sims 2 University, then don't download them. If you don't have Nightlife, don't download The Cacti Cafe. The Cacti Cafe has a podium and a stove to form a restaurant. These items are from Nightlife. I could make this particular lot non-Nightlife by request.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:02:26 PM by Chaavik »

anything