Author Topic: Vampire toddler  (Read 759 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Vampire toddler
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:01:23 AM »
A family in my hood had twins.  The girl is fine, but the boy, at some point in his toddlerhood, suddenly became a vampire.  No vampires in my hood, and the family don't even live Downtown.  However, he has nearly died from motive depletion countless times, upping motives with the Sim Blender would only work for a short time (about ten sim minutes), I tried deleting him more than once, nothing worked.  Finally I checked him in SimPE and not only had he the vampire trait but three of the decay modifiers were set to zero (should just be one for a toddler).  I managed to grow him up to a child, and he now has a very peculiar picture, with arms spread out as and generally larger than a child should be.

Any idea what is going on here?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
Re: Vampire toddler
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:41:53 AM »
Vampires and Werewolves are one aspect of the game that I've never played. From everything that I've read about vampires in Sims 2, what you've experienced in your game shouldn't be possible. I can only say that something has seriously gone awry.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »
I agree - and there isn't even the option to *Make me a Vampire* (which I could have clicked accidentally) on the batbox.  And he wasn't a vampire when he first grew up to toddler, since he learned all his toddler skills, which he couldn't have done if he was constantly going in the red!  Since this was a clean hood when I started, the only vampires are the (unplayed) NPCs, so he can't have overwritten a vampire's file, I don't think....

So, I either continue to play him and hope nothing dire happens, or use the Sim Deleter to get rid of him and all the family memories of him!  Oh well, these things happen...
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »
Well, this family are back at the head of the rotation queue, and when I loaded the lot, he still had his arms stuck out in the photo, and when I looked at him with the option in the Clothing Tool to change that, I saw that he also had the vampire teeth gnashing away!

So, advise me.  Should I delete him now, or let him grow up to teen and see if he still has the vampire characteristics, and if so, delete him then?  Or just leave him out all day in the backyard......?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
This is a hard one to even understand how it happen outside of game/hood corruption.

I would put him up for adoption and forget about him. (Age him up and kill him off.)

Before doing that go into SimPE and have a look at him.

Have you tried Mootilda's Neighborhood Corruption Detector program. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
Mark, I already checked him in SimPE.  Vampire was checked, so I unchecked it, but it made no difference.  I use the Hood Checker, but it doesn't find things like that.  I sometimes have my sims adopt, so putting him up for adoption is a no-no.  I shall probably have to get rid of him with the Sim Deleter, which hopefully will save me the trouble of having to check my sims' memories, and make sure the delete deals with his DNA.

The hood is definitely not corrupt, other than this one problem, everything works fine.

Well, I checked in SimPE.  The vampirism trait remains unchecked, so I had a look at his DNA and compared it to his twin sister - identical in every instance.  So I opened his file, but wouldn't know where to begin to look for the vampirism trait.  I think it's been caused by using a cleaned up Downtown which had left traces of the original Count Whatever, and he happened to get the Count's old character file, in which case it is probably too difficult for me to put right - so, Sim Deleter, here we come!  (But I'll wait a day or so in the hopes that someone has a solution.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:59:42 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:21:13 PM »
Maybe once he ages to a teen he can drink the vampire cure potion?

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »
I have no experience whatsoever with Vampires, let alone sims who shouldn't be Vampires, but still look like one. So I couldn't be of assistance, no matter how much I want to. Since he appears to be a Vampire, while not having the Vampiric trait, I think it's hard to fix him. I'd probably consider him a loss.

And since he's already a loss, there's no longer anything to keep us from experimenting on him. So I'd use any object to try and transform him into an ACTUAL Vampire (use the batbox, or that painting that's out there), and then try to transform him back into a normal sim. Just to see if that fixes him. If so, then we celebrate the birth of a new sim. Otherwise, we just dispose of the corpse.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 12:21:07 AM »
Vampire Cure Potion?  Do you buy that from the Gipsy?

BO, there's no option for him on the Batbox - first thing I checked, since I thought I might have clicked it accidentally.  I tend to think there is no option for kids, and kids really shouldn't be vampires....But if he has some hidden piece of DNA from one of the NPC vampires, I think he must be a lost cause if I can't find that and modify it, which I haven't a clue how to do!  But I might let him grow up to teen and if I can't find the potion, or an option on the batbox to return him to normal, then I will have to let him *disappear*.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 06:07:50 AM »
Indeed, if the option doesn't appear (makes sense, considering his age), then there is little you can do about it now. So maybe waiting until he ages up is indeed the best thing you can do. I hope it'll work out in the end.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 07:08:46 AM »
Actually, even for a YA or teen, the only option on the batbox is *Make Me ... a zombie".  Vampire doesn't seem to appear, strange, as I always thought it did.  All I know is, he can forget about the coffin! :giggle:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »
 :giggle: So how about that painting? I don't remember who made it, and what it was called, but it was on MTS, and it allowed you to turn a sim into any creature, or cure them from it... If the Batbox can't help, maybe that painting can.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
The potion to cure is can be bought from the gypsy.  I think its called Vampirocillian-D.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
Found the painting, BO.  It's called the Sim Transformer, BTW.

D_A, thanks for the info, if the painting doesn't work, I'll wait till Dion is a teen and have him phone the Gipsy (and remember to allow her on the lot...)

I'll let you know what happens.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »

The potion to cure is can be bought from the gypsy.  I think its called Vampirocillian-D.

Vamprocillin-D :)

Found the painting, BO.  It's called the Sim Transformer, BTW.

Yes, that's the one!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 02:06:34 AM »
Sorry it's been a since I posted about this issue.  Well, I finally got around to playing
this family, and first I grew Dion up from child to teen, unfortunately had to wait while he picked an aspiration and his mother got the want for him to get a scholarship, but then I *cured* him with the painting and aged him back down to child.  He did get an enormous fish mouth which I'm sure he shouldn't have had, but I did plastic surgery on him with the Blender and so far he seems fine.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 02:49:49 AM »
I'm so glad the painting did its job! Congrats on getting rid of the problem. Let's hope that the cure stays with him from now on.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 03:27:52 AM »
Agreed! :thumb:

Offline jase439

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »
He did get an enormous fish mouth which I'm sure he shouldn't have had

Missed photo op!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
Oh, I miss a lot of those!  (Like the streaker who dances on water that I missed the other day!  :rolleyes: )

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
Glad you fixed him!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »
Me too!  His family really do care about him, so I'm sure they're happy too!

Offline lordtyger

• Babbling Baby
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »
Glad to find out that you fixed him. I will keep this in mind just in case and I think I will try the Painting on Rose Greenman's Plant Sim Toddler

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »
Good idea!  I remember when I wanted to make her *human*,  years ago, I had to grow her up to adult temporarily so she could drink the potion, then grow her down again.

BTW, I think I found out what must have happened.  There is an option in the College Adjuster to make a sim a vampire, so maybe I clicked it while half asleep..... Somehow I never expected to find that option there, seemed so much more Pescado than TJ (and of course, not a College thing...)