Author Topic: I really, really want this!!!  (Read 18648 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: I really, really want this!!!
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »
I'm absolutely certain that you are right about that, ZZ! A lot more people would know about it, and get the NSL, if only they knew. But for them to know about it, I would have to advertise this at places where I don't like to post, such as MTS, MATY or BAS. Those are a few of the places most visited by simmers. I would have an incredibly large audience on these forums.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
Don't worry BO all of your mods are being talked about all the time at MTS both No Sim Loaded and No Trash Memories are listed in the Essential Mods thread.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532696

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
Yeah, I know you listed them there, Mark. Thank you for that. :bow:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
Hello, I wanted to know if you could please make a stand alone mod to totally stop all dirty jokes, the wants and autonomous.  I never choose the option for my sims but lately it seems many are telling them all the time or having wants for them.  Most often the receiving sim has a negative reaction.  I rather like stand alone mods because a lot of actions don't really bother me. 

Also, if someone can point me in the direction of no more wants for friends to be abducted or meet aliens, I would appreciate it.  Pretty sure there's one around, I just can't find it.  Thank you!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »
I think it mainly depends on personality.  Outgoing sims love to tell jokes, dirty or otherwise, shy sims often don't, if they are very serious as well.  Create a neighbourhood full of Virgos and Pisces, and you probably won't see the dirty joke want very often.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
Actually, most of my sims look at me in disgust when I suggest that they tell a joke to anyone except their family. And a *dirty* joke? They'll look at me as if they're saying "What the f*ck have YOU been smokin', @$$hole? Are you crazy, you filthy sleeze bag? Not in a million effing years!"

Even Yoranda Newson, Ginger's kid, doesn't want to tell a standard joke to any of her customers in the convenience store to break the ice for a sale. And she's EXTREMELY outgoing... but also totally serious... not a single point towards playfulness.

Hello, I wanted to know if you could please make a stand alone mod to totally stop all dirty jokes, the wants and autonomous.  I never choose the option for my sims but lately it seems many are telling them all the time or having wants for them.  Most often the receiving sim has a negative reaction.  I rather like stand alone mods because a lot of actions don't really bother me. 

Also, if someone can point me in the direction of no more wants for friends to be abducted or meet aliens, I would appreciate it.  Pretty sure there's one around, I just can't find it.  Thank you!

Well, I'm sure there's not much I can do about the WANTS. But I guess I *could* have a look, see if I can figure out how to stop autonomous dirty jokes. Perhaps...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:13:48 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2015, 06:27:40 PM »
This sounds like something that should be in Inge Jone's AGS System but I couldn't see it there.

(Edited to fix broken link - BO)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:13:15 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2015, 10:15:02 PM »
Wow! I had never seen that system before. That's extremely nifty! I may need to examine that more closely in the near future. Thanks for the link, AH :bow:

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:59 AM »
Thank you, I hope there is a way to stop them.  And I too have gotten that look long ago and now it's just the sims not liking to hear them (autonomously) that I see.  Lately I've noticed that is the option some of my sims choose as their first when they age up to teen.  Now that I have a newer PC and more sims on community lots, it's like a rash and just spreads all over.  :blink:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2015, 08:17:11 AM »
ADDITIONAL NOTE, August 10th, 2015: Upon closer investigation, I have now come to realize that the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions of NSL are even a little better than I always thought. The built-in fix for unused pregnancy controllers INCLUDES the "rogue multiple pet pregnancy controller" issue that one would otherwise need dickhurt's fix for. In other words, if you have my NSL in your game, you do not need dickhurt's mod. It is safe to remove. If you already have this mod, re-download is NOT necessary, because the fix has always been there! :D

I truly expect that if one were to ask users of this mod whether they have ever found a need to burn those rogue controllers with the special SimBlender option added by the "Pet Pregnancy Fix" (available here), they would have to say "No, I've never seen any."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:38:59 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
I only ever saw them once and it was before you made NSL.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline sagana

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2015, 03:38:58 PM »
I would have thought the jokes would have been in with the games in the AGS but they don't seem to be. Maybe there could be a joke book that worked like the game books do?

I love the Any Game System because you can, for example, use the no-autonomous jump rope, put jump ropes in the drugstore and when your child buys the jump rope, now the kid can do something new.

With Inge's AGS, and Katy's working medicines (aspirin for the win), and the birth control test and the working condoms, and buyable perfumes, I think I can run a drug store where almost everything a sim buys actually does something.

And that is why I love sims2 forever. I can haz anything!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »
And, if you haven't done so already, give BO's No Sim Loaded a try, it will really bring an old neighbourhood back to life!

Offline sagana

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2016, 05:29:15 AM »
Thanks I will! Looks like there's a lot of other mods I need as well <snaps up gardening mods I didn't even know I needed and etc.> :)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »
<snip>
With Inge's AGS, and Katy's working medicines (aspirin for the win), and the birth control test and the working condoms, and buyable perfumes, I think I can run a drug store where almost everything a sim buys actually does something.

And that is why I love sims2 forever. I can haz anything!

Don't forget buyable candy, cards, and um, "adult pleasure toys"!  Yep, we can haz anything!  (Or find someone to make/fix it!)

<snip> Upon closer investigation, I have now come to realize that the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions of NSL are even a little better than I always thought. The built-in fix for unused pregnancy controllers INCLUDES the "rogue multiple pet pregnancy controller" issue that one would otherwise need dickhurt's fix for. In other words, if you have my NSL in your game, you do not need dickhurt's mod. It is safe to remove. If you already have this mod, re-download is NOT necessary, because the fix has always been there! :D<snip>

Awesome!  Just getting rid of a dickhurt mod is a reason to get NSL whether or not you think you need (but probably do) its other features.

(Oops, I was bad and double posted...)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:33:43 PM by miros1 »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2016, 02:42:25 PM »
You know, I don't think I was the only simmer who had problems with those token - sim - loadeds!  You just get used to your game running slow and attribute the problem to some mod or other.....

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »
Or blame it on the overall quality of the game and assume it can't be fixed....

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:59 PM »
Well, you see, I knew I could fix it temporarily by removing those tokens in SimPE.  The difference in the way the game played when I did that was phenomenal.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2016, 08:09:25 AM »
WARNING: NECROMANCERS SPOTTED!!!

And now this thread has been revived anyway, I could just as well announce the next step.

Yes, indeed, you guessed right, a new version of No Sim Loaded is on the horizon. Oh, you're curious as to what I've been up to now?? I'll say...
  • I thought that it made sense to add a little routine that will take care of what Pescado on his Batbox calls "Lingering Furiousness". This has already been tested on the very limited scale of a single system :)
  • I have in the mean time learned enough to consolidate the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions into a single "Universal" version. The trick is that in the "Adjust..." sub-chart of the Sim menu, there will now be another menu "No Sim Loaded..." with two options:  "BO Keeps Gossip" and "BO Removes Gossip". The former is the default and acts exactly like the Special version. The latter, however, will act like the FINAL Bugfix version, and get rid of gossip. The active option is greyed out. When the other option is clicked, the game will put up a dialog to verify that you are CERTAIN about your choice. Because keeping or removing Gossip is an important choice.

If there are any volunteers for beta testing, please let yourselves be known and I will offer you a link to a download.

Edited to add: Clearly not as easy as I hoped... I'm not even able to get the new mod to do anything at all.... :( We're not done, yet. Just taking a break...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:10:17 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
"Necromancer strikes again!"

Today, March 5th, 2017, I've made another update to No Sim Loaded: the newest FINAL Bugfix and Special versions no longer break the Frozen Motives benefit that meditating sims are supposed to have.
Additionally, both versions now support the "Lingering Furiousness" feature that can be found on Pescado's FFS Lot Debugger (batbox). If a sim has a "Token - Furious Reverse" which points at another sim who is no longer mad at them, NSL will automatically remove the now invalid token.

New versions both NSL models are now available for download here.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:09:12 PM by BoilingOil »

anything