We don't have many rules here. Registration is not - and never will be
, required to download content from the site with the possible exception of some future private beta content that may only be available to members until officially released.
The minimum age for registration is 16 as stated in the registration agreement. The only reason for the age requirement is that we will not and don't expect the moderators to police the site for language or content. You may see a bad word. You may see sexual innuendo. These are both ok, within limits.
Accounts not accessed in over 90 days are subject to being purged from the database. This may or may not happen, but you have been warned.
Some rules on registration:
- New accounts require activation in the form of an email with a link to click to finish the process. For this reason, registration requires a VALID, preferably PERMANENT email account as supplied by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Disposable eail addresses and free accounts such as gmail, hotmail, aol, yahoo etc, are too often used by spammers, and therefor we will NOT accept these during registration. HOWEVER, at the bottom of this post, you may find a few webmail services that you CAN use. Always use a valid email address, or you won't be able to complete the activation process.
- Please choose a username that is at least FOUR characters long, and is NOT in all capital letters. Also make sure that your username is not made up of only numbers and that it contains no obscene or offensive words. If you ignore these rules, your account will be deleted and your IP-address is banned from registering.
- New accounts not activated within 14 days (two weeks) WILL be deleted without comment.
- New members' email- and IP-addresses will be checked with Stop Forum Spam for reports of spammer activity on other sites. New accounts flagged by this service will be rejected immediately and without comment. There will be no exceptions. We're sorry if your information has been flagged incorrectly by the service. If your account was apparently rejected for this reason, try using a different, valid email address or possibly a computer with a different Internet connection.
- Existing accounts which post spam will be deleted without comment and reported to this service.
- Advertising your porn site or offshore pharmacy is a guaranteed way to get banned AND reported to this service.
Now for The Forum Rules:
- No spamming. See the 'Spam' paragraph above!
- Do NOT post the same question in multiple threads. If your original question did not trigger a response, hit the 'Modify' button on that post, and edit the message with more information to help us find a solution for you. It will come up as an unread post again. Keep in mind members here are very knowledgeable about the game, but don't know everything and aren't mind readers.
- No flaming. Outright flaming another member is not allowed. Poking, however is allowed. If you don't know the difference, keep your mouth shut. Keep your petty arguments from other sites off this one. I don't want to hear about them and won't put up with them here.
- No over-formatting. In fact, just keep your mouse away from the 'Glow' and 'Marquee' buttons. They are extremely annoying and add nothing to your post unless you are using them for comedic effect. Even then, think twice. Please...think of the children and my old eyes.
- Avoid netspeak/textspk or whatever it's being called today please. Done in moderation or to poke at netspeak is ok though. DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS! It's rude and extremely annoying. Do nOt dO cUtEsY CrAp lIke tHis. It's even more annoying.
- Please, try NOT to double post. If you just posted a message, and suddenly remember you wanted to say something more, use the Modify link at the top of your last post, and add the extra information.
- --- Do not completely alter the content of a message AFTER someone has already responded to it. Such behaviour causes unrest and will result in being banned.
- NO unnecessary quoting. If you're replying to the LAST post in a thread, use the "REPLY" button, in stead of "Quote". Quoting the last post above your own serves no useful purpose but to waste valuable DB space: everyone can already see the post you're responding to right above your own message, and they don't need to re-read it in your post as well!
- --- EXCEPTION: If the last post is rather long, and you only want to respond to a small part of it, quote ONLY that part, and NOT the whole message.
- Do NOT quote pages full of text if your own response is to add only one short sentence, or even just a single smiley. Shorten the quote to only the most essential phrase or sentence to conserve DB space.
That's about it.
- When you register, you are expected to have read these rules and agree with them. Being a new member will NOT be a free pass to ignore these rules; they apply to everyone, always!
Have fun, enjoy the mods, and welcome to Simbology!
###NOTE###: In the registration rules, I promised to disclose a number of webmail services that are acceptable for registration, because they're currently not often used for spam. If you find yourself unable to register because the system rejects all your addresses, register with one of these mail services, and use THAT address to register here. Once registration is complete, you can always change your email address to one that was not accepted during registration.
The acceptable webmail addresses are:...@live.com
(or live.co.uk, live.fr, live.nl, etc, according your country of residence)...@icloud.com...@msn.com...@aim.com