Author Topic: Reorganising CAS Catalogue Sort  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
Reorganising CAS Catalogue Sort
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
I know how to change which categories clothing appears in (everyday, formal etc)  What I am wanting to do is group clothing together in the catalogue better.   

With CC clothing, you just edit the sortindex in the binary index file, and I would assume it's the same for the EAxis clothing as well. 

I have managed to track dwn the BINX files in the globalcatbin.bundle files, but I have no idea short of trial and error, how to figure out which BINX matches which clothing.  The instances and groups are not the same as the property sets, or anything else that is searchable, and I am *not* up for extracting and fiddling with thousands of binary indexes.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Reorganising CAS Catalogue Sort
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
Well, the problem here is, that BINX files aren't exclusively used for clothing: some other 'objects' use that type of resource as well.

Anyway, short of extracting every separate instance of clothing - including their BINX - and then edit the BINX for each outfit, I wouldn't know how to proceed. When done, you could extract the BINX resources from the edited clothing, and put them together in a large file, which is then placed in Downloads.

I would certainly NOT edit the EA/Maxis files directly, even if you *do* figure out which file is which.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »
To make it simpler, though, each time you extract and edit a file, you could then hide the Maxis original - a) so you wouldn't see two copies and b) with every file hidden, there are less visible ones to scroll through when you need to check something. 
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:05:30 AM »
Oh, I wasn't for a moment dreaming of editing the base files themselves.  I usually extract the property sets etc and make new package files. 

The problem is with clothing files, the resources are spread across the Simxx files in the base game files, property sets in one, meshes in another, textures in another etc.  The BINX files are in the globalcatbin, you can't extract whole outfits as one the way you can with objects and cloning via bodyshop gives the clone a *new* BINX.

I guess I'm just going to have to see if I can figure it out.  Damn OCPD.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
I would hope that if you simply fire up SimPE, there would be an option somewhere to select a specific piece of clothing for extraction (besides cloning, ofcourse), so you can edit it. How else would all those creators publish clothes that were based on existing Maxis outfits?

SimPE should then collect the required resources from whatever files they're stored in. Such an extraction should, I believe, also include the BINX resource. Then you'd have the proper BINX for the outfit you wish to re-sort.

I admit, though, that this would be a lot of work if you wish to extract all outfits separately… an AWFUL LOT of work…
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:33:09 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »
The only good thing about it is you would only have to do it once!  (Just so long as you stored the work in a safe place....)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
Unless there is an option I am missing, I don't think so.

I can clone a maxis outfit, but it has no BINX, I can extract meshes and textures and property sets 3DIDR's etc and build a package, but neither object workshop nor skin workshop export the BINX.  I can certainly get all the pieces of a maxis outfit, make a copy of it and upload it, pretty much right at this second.  But I still have no idea how to change the order the appear in the catalogue in.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Have you posted this question at MTS?

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
I haven't, but there's a thought XD

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »
One of the people who work with clothing just might know.

anything