Author Topic: ACR Version 2 - Final  (Read 186211 times)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 5b is released
« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
Ooohhhhhh.

So shiny.....

< snags >
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »
@Sleepycat: Yeah, about that: I've been doing the hack dance, in order to try and see if I could resolve my own issue (the clock being stuck in AM/PM mode)... No such luck for me this time round!

Oh, and remember: the only thing I did, was to remove a number of *known load-order conflicts* from romancemod. If you already had your pescado mods load before anything else, you may not notice any difference, except that your HCDU reports may show less possible conflicts.

In fact, I'm not even sure why I'm currently using this mod. I remember I removed it from my downloads some time ago, because it caused some behaviors that I wasn't happy with. When I installed ACR 2, I've put the romancemod back in, because TJ recommends it. But now I'm seeing these reports about romancemod still causing issues for other people, and I recognize some of them. So I'm wondering: should I keep it, or not?

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
Thank you for the edited mod BO.  :cheese:
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »
Okey Dokey  :thumb:

In fact, I'm not even sure why I'm currently using this mod. I remember I removed it from my downloads some time ago, because it caused some behaviors that I wasn't happy with. When I installed ACR 2, I've put the romancemod back in, because TJ recommends it. But now I'm seeing these reports about romancemod still causing issues for other people, and I recognize some of them. So I'm wondering: should I keep it, or not?

I never had any jump issues with the romancemod. Since I never tested jealousy without it, I don't know if it caused the loop or if something else did.  I suppose I really ought to test without the romancemod first, like I meant to do before...  :P  I think I'll pop a copy of one of my older hoods in and test there. *doesn't know if she will be able to do that tonight or not*
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »

Sometimes sims just will not cooperate.  I did some testing in one of my older hoods and my married sims all refused to cheat, with or without romancemod in (even when I directed my active sim to casual flirt with a lover. The flirts were rejected), unless I turned off jealousy and even then they weren't running for the beds/hot tubs/photobooths. :blink:   

Anyway, it occurred to me (after I spent hours testing) that the game has been installed on this computer for nearly 3 years and I don't recall ever deleting the NeighborhoodManager and letting a new one be created. So I decided doing that would probably be good idea.

I might make a new neighborhood to try playing with jealousy on but without the romancemod.  At this point, I think I'd rather just continue playing without the romancemod, even if it means turning/leaving jealousy off.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »
Sleepy, you're not the only one noticing that! My married sims, even with very high attraction, 3 bolts, and while in love with someone, will seldom - if ever - cheat. In fact, neither of them ever goes all the way with anyone but their spouse, UNLESS they're the active sim and I tell them to! Romancemod doesn't seem to be of any consequence there...
They *will* accept flirts, though, but only if they're already in love with the other sim. And for THAT to happen, the LTR must be over 70, and the other sim must initiate a Smooth Talk! Which means, the other sim must have the top Romance Perk.

And the hood that I'm currently playing, isn't even 6 months old, so it can't be a neighborhood-manager thing!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:54:23 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
Tonight when I was playing my current hood, I decided to turn jealousy back on but only for engaged/steady and see what my sims would do. Well, it was fine for single sims but I ended up turning jealousy back off because one of my married Romance sims was rejecting flirts (his wife wasn't around) and none of the other married sims were cheating either.   

Until I started this hood (Sept 20 or just after), I always played with jealousy on (except for on a occasional lot) and only a few married sims would reject flirts/not cheat (was using the romancemod then). But, at the end of August when I returned to playing TS2 (after giving TS3 another chance for a couple months), I was playing in older hoods that had been played before 2.5b was released.  :hmm:   

I guess I will either continue to play with jealousy off or switch back to 2.4a & the romancemod.  :P

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
So you really guess it's a 5b issue, then? Would make sense to me, but not enough yet for me to abandon it. But just in case, I still have all the ACR versions that I ever downloaded ;) I've done that with no other mods...

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
I'm really not sure if it is a 2.5b issue or not. I just know that for some reason married sims will not ACR cheat with jealousy turned on, in two of my hoods and you've said you've noticed the issue in your hood.   :hmm:

In both hoods, I reset ACR to defaults (at a couple different times in my current one and once before testing in the older one).  Most of the married sims in my older hood had no problems ACR cheating when I played it before 2.5b. One married woman was quite the slut before (when playing with 2.4a) but when testing (using 2.5b) she rejected all flirts too. 

It wouldn't be all that bad if I didn't want my married sims to be able to cheat. I could deal with some not cheating but not all of them.   :P

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »
Really, you get no argument from me, dear. Because - as you said - I *did* notice the same tendency not to cheat myself.

I just wish Gaelon Valley were ready to be run, as that's where *my* Ultimate Slut - Wanda Rimskaya - is stationed now.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:51 AM »
Hmm. I'll investigate this again when I get a chance. It's been a while so maybe a fresh look will uncover something.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2010, 08:20:03 AM »
Thanks Jeff.  :smile: 

Other then uninstalling/reinstalling 2.5b, I'm not sure what else to try.  I wonder if it only affects new hoods (like my current one) or hoods where something got reset (like I reset ACR to defaults in that older hood & reset something when pulling hacks to get woohooing visitors again).  I suppose I could throw together another new hood and see how married sims behave in it.   :hmm:

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
In my test hood, where I tried the cheating with ACR2 and ACR2+romancemod, with ACR2 only (latest version), Don had accepted all romantic interactions from Nina. In my current hood that is (now) without romancemod, one of my sims tried to flirt with Daniel Pleasant (two bolts, not ready for woohoo yet - "You can talk me into...") and even the slightest flirt got rejected. Haven't tried it with Don and Nina there.

ETA:
Daniel Pleasant was just a coincidence, Nina and Don are doing very well.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:40:30 AM by arathea »
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
This discussion makes me think of Simon Broke, who resides in Desiderata Valley. He proposed a steady relationship and engagement quite early in his relationship because his girlfriend rolled the wants and was one of the sims which made me notice the jealousy issue. It seemed very out of character to suddenly refuse even a flirt.
Finally - much later - they get married and had the wedding and the party on a community lot. They had only spoken their vows a few minutes before when Kitten Love came in and he turned and tried to flirt with her (which was consequently rejected because Kitten is in a steady relationship)! With his wife present!
I don't know how he would reacted if Kitten had initiated the flirt but this made me think that the rejections only happened with steady or engaged couples. 

Back in Pleasantview now I don't see any married sims flirting and romancing others either. Barry Broke cheated on his (steady) girlfriend and caused a big jealous scene because he chose the dormer where the both live for it, but it was in line with what TwoJeffs said before since the other girl is his One at the moment.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #264 on: November 04, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
My sim knows Daniel Pleasant much better now but she still has ACR problems. She has no problems to kiss/flirt/woohoo with him the Maxis way, their relationship is at 100/100 and they are in love, but every ACR action from her side get rejected. I haven't played his family yet and he is still married but has the maid as "The One".

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #265 on: November 04, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
That would probably explain his rejection... you need to unset his One, which you can do with the ACR adjuster next time he visits.  (Bear in mind his shy Virgo personality, and it makes sense that he would be nervous of upsetting his currently comfortable status quo....)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #266 on: November 04, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
But Nina Caliente had no problems to flirt with Don and he is still engeged and had Cassandra as "The One" when I tried that. What's the difference?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #267 on: November 04, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »
Don is outgoing.... Daniel is not.  Darren, even in a relationship, would be a better bet, since he is easily led on....
(In the old days, before ACR or even its predecessor, when Daniel and Mary Sue split up over Kaylynn, he didn't like it that Kaylynn had moved into his house, and was quite glad when she and Angela left (in this game, Lilith was already dead) and he would virtually stalk Mary Sue at her new residence - the cottage in the woods - and was forever coming over, even when she was at work, just to trim her hedges!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #268 on: November 07, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
Rather then testing in another hood (since others have noticed this issue in their hoods), I just kept an eye out while playing my current hood. Things have changed slightly in this hood since I fixed visitors woohooing.

Before, some of my married sims were quite happy to autonomously cheat on their spouses - with jealousy turned off.
After,  none of my married sims will autonomously cheat - with jealousy turned off.

They might do a little flirting, kissing, hugging, but woohoo? nope, not unless directed. Resetting timers to 0, didn't make a difference. Changing the One to the 'lover' (and resetting timers) didn't work either.   :hmm:

So, I ended up un-installing 2.5b when I quit playing last night and re-installed 2.4a (after re-loading the game to totally un-install 2.5b).

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #269 on: November 07, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
Tried it and switching back to 4a solved my sim's problem with Daniel Pleasant too.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
Hmm, that's indeed a real issue, then. I think I'll make that switch, too. I'll live with the "Unmarried TFB issue" that I reported once. Removing a pregnancy from a townie is not such a difficult task when we have a Blender ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
You could always move her in until she's had the kid, and then return her to townie status, leaving Don (or whoever) stuck with all his by-blows!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
Nah, it only happened in lesbian relationships, which *are* rather common in my game.
In some instances, that could be a nice twist indeed. I've done such things before. But mostly, it shouldn't happen, since it's a bug.

Btw: I'd almost say that the visitor woohoo issue was caused by some irregularity in the 2.5b installation, and that setting it right caused the real problem to surface.
After all, in both cases we're talking about sims refusing to woohoo. The only difference is: first it were the visitors, and now it's the married sims that won't cheat.
But then, I know nothing of how ACR really works, so this is probably just incoherent rambling.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:05 PM »
Btw: I'd almost say that the visitor woohoo issue was caused by some irregularity in the 2.5b installation, and that setting it right caused the real problem to surface.

Unfortunately, I had the 'visitors not woohooing' issue long before 2.5b.  :P  I do agree though that fixing that issue brought the 'married sims not cheating' issue to the surface. 

It wasn't just married sims that seem to have an issue. In one dive, which was full of mostly single sims, resetting timers to 0 didn't send any of them to the available beds either. I know some of them know each other well enough to ACR woohoo. It's possible they don't like each other at all though (no bolts).  I also found it odd that at two other community lots, the hot tubs never got used while I was there with a sim.  I saw a photobooth get used once by two (single) sims with a high relationship (who weren't lovers before that). 

I'm not used to seeing so little ACR action going on, specially not when I've reset timers. 

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:33 PM »
Ok, then I give up. I'm glad it's not *my* problem to solve... Poor TJ; the 2.5 series keeps hitting weird snags.

My Dormies are going at it like bunnies, but even the Romance sims limit themselves to just one partner.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
My Romance sims have always been more reluctant to stray than, for example, certain Family sims....

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:28 PM »

Well switching back to 2.4a has made my sims very happy.   X)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »
My guess is that the sudden faithfulness is connected to the change which was required for the respective setting (no cheating) which was discussed here:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5359.0

to work in all circumstances.

Offline Ladylombardi

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:39 AM »
I've never had alot of cheating in my hoods no matter the version of ACR but now I have none at all so apparently I'm having this problem as well. Unfortunately I don't keep older versions of hacks so there's not much I can do I guess. Hopefully TJ will find a fix for this.

Wait a minute! I guess I'm more organized than I thought. Just checked and I DO have older versions filed starting with 3. Think I'll swap them out and see what happens. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:06:16 AM by Ladylombardi »
Chevron 7 locked.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »

For those who didn't save a copy and want it, 2.4a is still available -> http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=4106.0

Remember you need to remove 2.5b, load your hood & one household, run the game for a moment and then save, to totally un-install it. Then you can exit the game and put 2.4a in.

Offline thetigerking83

• Highchair Hipster
  • Obsessive Post Editor
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »
I downloaded Squinge's Date counter painting, which also keeps track of woohoo and make out but noticed that it doesn't count ACR interactions. Does this mean ACR doesn't count towards the woohoo lifetime want?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2010, 05:45:06 AM »
No, it means that Squinge's mod is out-of-date, I would think.  TJ rarely, if ever, makes mods that do not satisfy Wants/LTWs etc. if the behaviour being modified is Want/LTW related.

If the woohoo or *fall in love* token is there in your sim's memory, then the game will count it, even if Squinge's counter doesn't.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
Those with the no cheating happening issue, try replacing your main controller with this version. You'll need the rest of 5b installed too of course. :)

I didn't really test prior to adding this updated version in my game, but with it I had NO problem (:lol:) setting up a cheating situation with fireworks and all.

Let me know how it goes so I can officially release it if it works for all.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:03:17 PM by twojeffs »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2010, 01:31:33 PM »
Doesn't work for me. In my main hood, Daniel Pleasant rejected my sim again and Don Lothario rejected Dina Caliente. In my test hood, with only ACR and the blender, Don accepted flirts from Cassandra, his fiancÚ and Nina Caliente, his "One" but rejected Dina (default relationship of 70/70 each/crush).

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »
Okay, thanks. Your info does help narrow down where to look.

I had a feeling that wasn't the real root of the problem. I set up a new scenario and get the same results.

My investigation continues...

The test version does fix a bug in 5b though, so no harm keeping it if you are using that version until a new version is released.

EDIT: I do believe I found the problem. Try this one:
EDIT 2: Removed attachment Finally posting officially as version Beta 5c. Yeah...I'm slow.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:47:58 AM by twojeffs »

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »
The update works great in my test hood. Don acts very Don-like now. :cheese: Didn't load my main hood yet.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2010, 08:07:54 AM »
The update works great in my test hood. Don acts very Don-like now. :cheese: Didn't load my main hood yet.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Will wait for a few others to report before releasing.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
I did not get the chance to test the jealousy issue yet, but there are a few improvements I noticed (they could be accidental though):

At the moment I am playing a dormer with Barry Broke, Brandi's son. He has lately been caught cheating and his girlfriend is still furious with him (and he was still a little bit furious with her).
They went out and of course the girl he has cheated with arrived at the same time.
Barry's relationship score with his girlfriend (they go steady) Melanie was almost back to normal and she became his One (it had turned to the other girl - Eleonor - for some time).  I see it as a change to before, as if the relationship (go steady, married etc.) has more impact again in comparison to attraction. Barry is medium attracted to his girlfriend and very attracted to Eleonor but Melanie remained his One.
He rejected Eleonor kissing him but this was to be expected because Melanie is a family sim and would have become jealous.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »

I've reinstalled 5b, with the fixed file. I'll try to test it after I wake up a bit more.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2010, 05:43:47 AM »
And by the way, how is the fixed ACR file working for evervbody? Due to the households I played sind I still did not get the chance to check if the jealousy issue is solved.

I finally got to do a little testing with the fixed file and so far it seems ok, as far as married sims cheating goes (jealousy turned on and BO's versions of the romancemod installed).  I had some married guys that eagerly cheated with the single females I was playing. There were a few married guys that didn't cheat (even after I reset timers) but that could change when I play them.  I don't expect all my married sims to be willing to cheat so I'll say "so far so good."   

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:38 AM »
My sim had no problems with Daniel Pleasant anymore. Another sim (gay) discovered that Jimmy Colonia has a gay tendency, which surprised me because I've never seen before that ordinary married couples were set anything else than straight. He tried to flirt with him but although they had a good relationship, he got rejected. Well, Jimmy isn't a romance sim and he's married to a woman so I don't mind. Not every sim has to say "yes".

Offline Ladylombardi

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2010, 06:17:07 AM »
No, I wouldn't want all my sims to cheat.  That would be pretty boring I think.
Chevron 7 locked.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2010, 07:21:43 AM »
So true! And at some point there's bound to be fights resulting if everyone cheats, too.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

I split off the skilling - Uni - whatnot - discussion. It's now in TS2 Discussion --> http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=6882.0

:wink:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2010, 08:23:58 AM »
*finally remembered to report*  Last week (on the 18th), I played more with the fixed version of 2.5b.  The married sims I was playing were willingly cheating as expected.   :thumb: 

I played my fake college household that had 14 sims at the time, two of which are married (spouses weren't in the household).  I did have to turn jealousy off for that particular lot (most of them had multiple lovers) but that gave me the chance to test that, since before even with it off they wouldn't cheat. Before turning jealousy off, they proved to me that they were also willing to cheat even with other lovers around (lovers who weren't happy about the cheating.  :lol: ), so that is fixed also.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2010, 08:35:45 AM »
Now that sounds like I may need to risk a hood reset once again (to update from 2b4a to 2b5b) ;)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2010, 08:43:48 AM »
In my hood is now some autonomous cheating going on, too. Sophia Joque(?) accepted several flirts from John Mole(?). (Hope these are the proper English names.) Both were uncontrollable at a comm lot.

Offline lovestainedheart

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #297 on: December 06, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
The latest fix seems to be working in my game. Sims who are more willing to cheat or have in the past will allow romantic interactions. Family sims and the like still don't, but that is to be expected.

I was also wondering about something for a future release if there will be one apart from bug fixes. I thought maybe we could have a static or dynamic option for gender prefs. It isn't often that I get bi sims and usually after so many interactions with one sex they turn straight or gay. I think a static option would be awesome and would ensure your bi sims stay bi. Just a thought!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #298 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »
I have been thinking about bisexuals and their tendency to eventually turn either straight or gay as well. And just like you, lovestainedheart, I think it's WRONG. What few bisexuals are created in the game, should NOT lose their apetite for one gender, purely because they tend to interact with the other gender more frequently.

Therefor, I second this suggestion!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #299 on: December 06, 2010, 12:55:13 PM »
When I run the hood randomizer, I usually choose the high settings, that gives bisexuals the value of 500 towards both genders - not so easy to change. :wink:
The autonomous gender preference uses the low settings (don't know, somewhere between 2 and 10), perhaps an option to choose between high and low settings for autonomous gender preference would be all you need.