Author Topic: Bluewater Village screw-ups  (Read 345 times)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
Bluewater Village screw-ups
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
I just started a new game and I think it's already corrupted.

What I do to set things up, is make all the playables sell their lots so I can delete them in SimPE.  Otherwise the lots are useless.

I had Florence Delarosa shut down her business, but the little thing up in the right-hand corner (business tracker) was still there.  Hm.  Meh, I just went into SimPE as usual and got rid of the Sims I didn't want.  I had also created a family to move in.

So, I start up the game, and I click on Florence's old house, so I can check it with my Professor Von Ball.  Instead of it being in build/buy mode...it actually had my new family in it.  :hmm:  Professor Von Ball indicated "owned lot" and "not safe to delete."

So I exited out of there...and my family was in the family bin.  I moved them in.  So far so good.

I then switch over to Malcolm Landgraab's house.  I tried to get him to walk to a community lot...but every time he got to the edge of the lot it "jumped" and he was back at his mailbox.  :rant:

Wondering what's going on.  If it can't be fixed, no biggie, I can always start over again.

Offline lordtyger

• Babbling Baby
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Re: Bluewater Village screw-ups
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:42:17 AM »
Try loading your Bluewater Village with the Downloads folder in place and then check for problems, if you don't find any then it is something in your Downloads folder that is causing it. Otherwise if there are still problems, then Bluewater Village is corrupted and you should make the game generate a new one.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »
I have the depopulated lots on my website. I used to use "deleteallcharacters," then move the lots to the Bin and back, but then I found out deleteallcharacters, like the neutron bomb it resembles, has side effects.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:28:39 AM »
I've used it, and had no problems after Pescado told me how to use SimPE to get rid of all the stuff EA leaves behind.  Now there are empty neighborhoods etc. available, I don't use it, but at one time it was the only way to get rid of all the NPCs, even in a new hood and not a Maxis one.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
But then you have to make the hood, nuke the hood, quit the game, fire up SimPE, clean up the crap, start the game, etc.

That's why I "invented" the zip and delete method. You don't have to clean up what isn't there!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »
Agreed, things are much improved from when I last deleted all characters.  Now I just use Theo's Action Delete Sim, and get to choose which, if any, NPCs I leave behind.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

anything