Author Topic: Cannot move out with toddler (Inteen for BV)  (Read 524 times)

Offline Camberwell_Mike

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Cannot move out with toddler (Inteen for BV)
« on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
I've been using Inteen for BV with the Mac "Sims 2 Super Collection" (which includes all EPs up to BV). For years I used Inteen with NL and no problems.

Now I find I can't get my single mother to move out of her parents' home and take her toddler with her. I use "Find own place" with newspaper or computer, say I want the toddler to go too, and my single mum gets in the taxi... but the toddler just stays behind, and never leaves, so the taxi waits, and waits, and waits...

If I just remove Inteen from my downloads folder, everything works fine (well, the toddler just walks off the lot and the taxi leaves, and they're both no longer members of the household).

Tried it with two different families, same problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Cannot move out with toddler (Inteen for BV)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »
Try using Inge's teleporter cat (from Simlogical) and have the mother move out by herself and install her in her new home.  Place the teleporter on the lot and summon the toddler, then select the *move in* option.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Camberwell_Mike

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:38:26 PM »
I imagine I could do the same with the Summoner (part of the Insimenator). But I'd prefer just to be able to move in *with* my toddler...

Mike

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:06:03 AM »
Problem is that Inteen was, like most mods, not designed to work well with Macs, and if this is the only issue you have, you're pretty lucky.  The teleporter cat is much simpler to use than Insim, and I've never known it to cause a problem in anyone's game.

You say the toddler walks off the lot, even without Inteen?  Did you remove Groups.cache from your game folder after removing Inteen?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:31:53 AM »
I have always had trouble moving sims with toddlers (and sometimes babies). I've learned that if a toddler is 'busy' with anything, it won't work.  I now teleport babies and toddlers into a small fenced in area (one by one square works well) and then do the move out. The babies and toddlers simply disappear off the lot and the move out works. 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 02:04:18 AM »
That makes sense, Sleepy - toddlers *busy* coding is so annoying!

anything