Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Can't choose resolution
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on Yesterday at 05:12:14 PM »
Yes, definitely sounds like the Sim Blender!  Obviously, no blonde or senior moments for you! :smile:
« Last post by Naoya on Yesterday at 04:21:39 PM »
Thanks, I had to make some extra modifications to the file in additions to what he said, but then it worked :D

On a rather unrelated note. I changed the sims lifespan with SimPE and is very happy with the result. But I wish my starting sim, that I already started playing with, was a bit further on in their life stage than at the very beginning. Is there a way to fix it?

I do remember I used to have a mod, where I bought a small tree or something, costed 10 simelons if I remember correct. And with that I could change a lot of stuff, pregnancy, again on and off for the sims and I think also aging up to the next lvl+++. Anyone know what mod that was, and where I can get it?

NVM, I did some searching her on the forum after "age" and did eventually find a post mentioning the SimBlender, and then I found the description and download link. I'm pretty sure that is the item I was looking for. Not to bad to remember even somethings after 5 years of not playing the game :D
« Last post by BoilingOil on Yesterday at 03:51:35 PM »
For sure it's not a Win7 problem. Because I have Win7, and can run The Sims 2 in all resolutions up to 1920x1200, the native resolution of my screen.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on Yesterday at 02:52:26 PM »
This may help: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Cannot_Raise_Resolution

However, ignore Seasons or Celebrations, I think, and go to Apartment Life (or maybe M&G if the relevant files are also there.)
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Can't choose resolution
« Last post by Naoya on Yesterday at 02:45:02 PM »
I just installed the game again + all expansions. Problem is I can't choose a resolution It has auto-choose 600*800 and there is no other options to choose from. I don't remember this being a problem when I had the game originally. Is it something that is happening because of using a newer OS? (Window 7), and more importantly, is there anyway to fix it?
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Decorations/Misc Catalogue Crash
« Last post by BoilingOil on May 22, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
Congratulations on finding it so quickly.

By the way, I was merely the first to respond to your question and mention the 50/50 method, but I cannot claim that this method is mine. It was invented by other simmers even before I started playing this game. Anyway, I'm glad that my suggestion helped you.
« Last post by Axne on May 22, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »
Seems like I found who the culprit is! Thanks to BO's 50/50 method!

It did take me quite some time, but it sure was worth it! Now onto free, crash-free house furnituring!

P.S The conflict seemed to be a mesh that was a 4to2 "MKStudioRetoroTray" from TSLD(????). I can't find it on Google so I don't know what to think about it.:pissed: Either way, thanks for all the help!  :wink:
You need to get a sim to click on the adjuster and select the global override etc. option, then change it to whatever you want. If you already tried that and the greyed out options do not change, I think you need to check if it is the same on another lot, and if so, I have a feeling that you need to uninstall ACR by removing the ACR folder from your hacks folder, reloading the game and deleting the inactive pile of books from the lot, save and exit.  Now put ACR back and reload.  Unfortunately, you may have to do quite a lot of resetting your sims' ACR profiles and also, of course, each lot that you play will need to have the old installer deleted and then a new one will have to be spawned.
I just transferred my game from one laptop to another and everything works perfectly, except these features of ACR

I have no idea what is wrong nor do I know how to fix it! I hope someone on here can help me out!  :confused:

« Last post by zephyrzodiac on May 21, 2017, 10:18:59 PM »
You could get an External HD - an extra terabyte of HD space is very useful!  You can put all your back-ups on it, for starters.

Another thing you can do to speed up your start-up time is to run themed neighbourhoods.  Ancient Highway made a neat little program to help with this, available at The Wooden Simoleon - http://www.woodensimolean.com/node/261

With this, you can sort your hoods a little, so that ones using, for example, a lot of historical cc would mainly only need the historical cc in your current Downloads folder, and not, for example, the futuristic stuff you might use for a Space Travel theme.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the groups.cache file (which should be regularly deleted and allowed to regenerate) as once it reaches around 500kb, your load time really starts to suck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything
anything