Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shout Box / Re: Carrie from Sims Squirts
« Last post by jase439 on Yesterday at 08:12:23 PM »
I remember.

Very sad news. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and for that of the family she leaves behind.
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Copying game from one computer to another.
« Last post by aussieone on December 08, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Thanks for the advice BO and thanks to both of you for the support ☺
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Copying game from one computer to another.
« Last post by BoilingOil on December 08, 2017, 12:17:19 AM »
Graphics Rule Maker may not always recognize newer video card models either, in which case I imagine it might screw things up.

If, for any reason, you run into issues later, just go back to Leefish.nl and post a new thread in the appropriate section (Graphics and W10, or something similar, I believe) with your problem and the latest xxxx-config-log.txt from your game.
Usually, celebkiriedhel (Kiri for short) will sort out your issues. And if she's not available, occasionally, I might be able to fix it too (if not too complicated).

For now, though, congrats on getting it to work again. :)
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on December 07, 2017, 09:09:41 PM »
Glad it finally worked for you!
« Last post by aussieone on December 07, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice ZZ  :smile:

Came back to say that I re downloaded and extracted the graphics rule maker file and used it in the program files and thankfully all seems to be well now.
Shout Box / Re: Carrie from Sims Squirts
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on December 07, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »
I do remember the site, vaguely.  I'm sorry to hear about Carrie's death, it's always so sad to hear of young children being left motherless.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on December 07, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
In earlier versions of Windows, the advice is always to check the graphics file for the instruction to *let the application decide*.  I don't know if this will work with W10, as I hated it so much I uninstalled it and installed W7 instead.  My laptop actually refused to install W10 at all, and is still running happily on W8.1.
« Last post by aussieone on December 07, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply BO.

I ended up installing the ultimate collection. Ran a clean game for a bit and all played nicely.

I'm running into the problem of the graphics looking like crap, so I went to leefish and the graphics rule maker for windows 10 thread.

Downloaded and replaced the graphics rules files in both config and cs config and when I launched the game, it wouldn't launch and I got a message about direct x 9.0c and  compatible graphics adapters are missing.

So I uninstalled the collection, reinstalled and again, the game launches and plays fine, but it won't launch when I replace the leefish graphics rule maker files and again I get the direct x 9.0c message!

Do you have any idea why this may be happening? Any advice would be appreciated from you or anyone else who's had this issue.

« Last post by BoilingOil on December 07, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »
I'm afraid that it won't work very well that way, UNLESS you were to copy the ENTIRE disk from the old system onto the new one, including Windows and everything else. There are a great many keys in the registry that are set during a normal installation, that will NOT be set when you simply copy the "Program Files/EA Games" installation folder.
What you CAN copy, is everything in the "Documents" folder: the saved sims and neighborhoods, the downloaded mods, hacks and custom objects, et cetera. But only AFTER installing the entire game and play-testing it. Make sure that everything runs perfectly, and only THEN copy the entire "Documents/EA Games" or "Documents/Origin" folder from the old machine to the new.

And even then, it's not always guaranteed that you'll be able to keep all your old sims alive.

I realize that this is NOT what you wanted to hear, and I'm sorry. But alas, this is the way things are.
Shout Box / Carrie from Sims Squirts
« Last post by Foxybaby on December 07, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi folks

Sorry, Iíve been out of the game for a while. Donít know if any of you remember the site Sims Squirts back in the day. Well, I became friends with the site owner, Carrie, IRL. She passed away in September, she was only 35 and has 2 young children. She had a stroke in August and Iím guessing it was complications from that. Iím devastated. I thought some of you older players may remember her work recolouring nurseries and kids stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything
anything