Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Help Me Do This! / Re: Find error in Easel Limit
« Last post by BoilingOil on Yesterday at 03:28:39 AM »
Yeah, I think this was made before FT was released, and he never got around to checking/updating it for FT.
Help Me Do This! / Re: Tweaking Tuna's Enthusiasm Overhaul
« Last post by Darkwolf Jr on February 15, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »
Thank you.
If nothing else maybe it will slow the decay down enough I can track it better. With non-OTH capped at 4 repairing them should be easy if needed and Tuna's OTH changes are more powerful than I expected so that should help with that.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on February 15, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
Thanks, BO!  I'll stick it in my hacks folder straight away, and report back when I've checked it out.  I wonder why he did that, though, since the other limit mods work fine as far as I can tell.  Maybe he made that before FT was released, then made the others afterwards?
Help Me Do This! / Re: Tweaking Tuna's Enthusiasm Overhaul
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on February 15, 2018, 01:33:43 PM »
Here you go.  However, it does not seem to completely stop enthusiasm decay, especially when teens are on their way to college.
Help Me Do This! / Tweaking Tuna's Enthusiasm Overhaul
« Last post by Darkwolf Jr on February 15, 2018, 08:52:31 AM »
I am trying to re-tune Tuna's Enthusiasm Overhaul a little more to my liking thankfully Tuna did use BCON tuners, but not labels so I just need help tracking down the values I want to change.

In file 2 Tuna set non-OTH enthusiasm to be capped at 9.99 points I want to lower this to 4.39 (same value Cyjon uses for kids in his Hobby Age Limits mod)

The other thing I want to completely disable enthusiasm decay. I know that Tuna made a no enthusiasm decay mod, but I can't find it so maybe I can change file 3 to do the same thing.

EDIT: I guessed at the cap and it worked now I just need help with the decay
« Last post by BoilingOil on February 15, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »
Ok, I think I've found the culprit. AH's mod is based on pre-FT code, and thus doesn't include enthusiasm at all. Running that code on FT or later packs is bound to cause some issues.

Try the below file instead of AH's version. I think it should work.

NOTE: Be aware that I altered the filename. So you need to remove AH's original file yourself.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on February 14, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »
BO, you're a star!  Thank you so much for doing this.  I can edit my sims with no problems, and a few items like walls and floors, even the occasional bed, but this stuff is just way beyond me!  I try looking at all those numbers etc., and just can't see what is going on at all.
« Last post by BoilingOil on February 14, 2018, 07:47:40 AM »
OK, in that case I'll need to dive into the default painting BHAVs, and see if I can find a reason for the mod to act like this.
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Sim can't use cellphone.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on February 13, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »
I always install custom lots to their own folder outside the game and check carefully for all mods and remove them, then check the rest of the cc to be sure I don't already have it in my game.  I then install the lot *sans everything* and put the needed cc in its own folder in Downloads.  Then, if I don't like a piece of cc, it's easy to find and remove.

But I'm glad you finally found the culprit.  :thumb: There are some very naughty lot builders out there - lots should really be checked in a vanilla hood with just the necessary cc added, and ALL mods removed before the lot is uploaded.  I particularly hate those lots that have loads of hexadecimal cc in them!  And the Clean Installer has been around for such a long time.....  :walls:
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Sim can't use cellphone.
« Last post by aussieone on February 13, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »
I ran the HCDU and wouldn't you know it, another phone mod was present.

It must have been bundled in with one of the lots I unpacked with the Sims2pack Installer. It was named very closely to Pes's mod, so I missed it on first viewing.

Took it out and everything's seems to be running smoothly now.

Thanks for the help BO and ZZ and apologies for the runaround. Still, this thread may help someone else with a similar problem.  :smile:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10