Author Topic: ACR - Can't make Sim not cheat  (Read 8065 times)

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
ACR - Can't make Sim not cheat
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
Hey guys. I've decided to give ACR a chance, because I'd like my single Sims to see some more action without me having to decide when, and for townies to have some fun in the background.

However, no matter what I do, I can't stop one of my Sims from cheating. I want ACR for my single Sims, I am not interested in my Sims with partners to cheat on their own. I decide when that happens. I have a thread on MTS and so far everything suggested has not worked.

Situation
Max and Elna are a couple. They are in love, but no further commitment than that. Max lives with three roomies, and one of them has Elna as his The One. If in the same room as Elna, he will immediately try a first kiss with her. No matter what I set her to, she'll accept it if Max is not there to see it.

Settings for Elna
- Cheating set to totally faithful. Static.
- The One set to Max. Static.
- Autonomy set to Spouse Only. Static.
- Jealousy in Love. Static.
Relation with roomie 67/66, BFF.
Popularity, personality 7/8/9/8/7.

Max has the same settings, but with Elna as The One.

Roomie has Elna as his The One, and all cheating allowed, high autonomy. His settings are dynamic. He initiates the interactions on his own, I am not directing them. If Max is in the room, Elna will reject the first kiss from the roomie. If he's not present, she will accept.

My thoughts
Currently Elna bases her choices on whether or not she gets caught. I don't like that. If I set a Sim to totally faithful, then I want them to be faithful and only autonomously interact/accept with their The One. Based on ACR 1 documentation, setting autonomy to spouse only should do this, but it's not doing that.

I know that I could have Elna set the roomie in friend zone and that would stop it, but I'd have to do that with half the hood in order to stop this happening, and keep a constant eye out while at community lots to see that nothing goes on in the background. I want to set it up so that a Sim that is supposed to be faithful is faithful, regardless. I imagine it works for initiating interactions, but it's clearly not working for accepting/rejecting them.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, what am I setting up wrong that's making this happen? Or can ACR not have a totally faithful Sim that's popularity and outgoing?

EDIT: I forgot to say that I'm happy to modify things in SimPE if necessary. I just don't know what to do to make faithful apply to how they react to interactions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:34:21 AM by gummilutt »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR - Can't make Sim not cheat
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
Did you install the Maxis Cheating Fix along with ACR?  Did you try setting your sim to Totally Faithful?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »
I have not installed maxis cheating. The interaction the roomie does is ACR, not Maxis, so I didn't feel it was necessary yet. Since it may cause a full reset I'd like to be sure I want ACR before I do that.

Elna's setting has always been totally faithful, on static. It makes no difference.

I forgot to mention in the first post that I like that the roomie attempts interactions with her. But she should be rejecting them, not accepting. I'm looking for a solution to her side, not his.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:13:12 AM by gummilutt »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
Without the Maxis Cheating Fix, Maxis interactions will take over - which is why TJ made the fix.  The action of the roomie may be ACR, but the reaction of your sim is Maxis!

So, make a test hood and include the fix and see what happens.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
Alright, if you say so. I installed maxis plugin, and there's no change. She still accepts first kiss from the roomie when Max isn't there.

EDIT: I had really hoped that would be it. Every time I think someone found the problem I get so excited, and then Elna comes and stomps on it with her kissing. Pah!  :dry:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:21:20 PM by gummilutt »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Have the roomie put in the friend zone from Elna's pov. And if possible, also the other way around.

The spouse-only setting in the autonomy menu only affects a sim's ability to *initiate* romance. It will *not*, however, influence how a sim responds to anyone else trying. And even then, this setting only works if the sim on whom it is set, is married.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:09:41 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 07:32:14 PM »
I think a lot of it is down to personality as well as aspiration.  Family sims are notoriously promiscuous, I have found, while Romance sims will often *repel boarders*!

Simple answer to problem?  Put Inge's teleporter cat on all comm lots, and then you can simply remove the offending sim before the initiated action actually happens.  Not so easy in the sims own home, but if the room-mate is selectable, you can stop the action.

If this problem is happening at Uni, then I'm not surprised, Uni is a law unto itself.

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »
The spouse-only setting in the autonomy menu only affects a sim's ability to *initiate* romance. It will *not*, however, influence how a sim responds to anyone else trying. And even then, this setting only works if the sim on whom it is set, is married.

The ACR 1 documentation states
"Spouse Only (1): Sims will only initiate or accept ACR interactions with their steady, fiancé, spouse, or One Sim.". So according to that, it should affect both intiation and accepting, and it should work for The One. I guess this was changed in ACR2?

Friend-zoning is not a solution for me, because Elna has 30+ friends. And Max has 30+ friends. And lots of other Sims have lots of friends. I don't want to have to babysit my Sims 24/7 to make sure they didn't pass the relationship requirement with some Sim. If ACR is incapable of having a Sim not be a cheater, then I would rather remove it entirely. But it's a shame, because it could add a lot of great things to the game, if it wasn't for this one detail.

I find it rather cynical that it would be impossible to have a Sim be faithful, and my belief in humanity does not like it. I know they are Sims, but it was made by people. I've tried to look at the code to see if I can narrow down where it's deciding if the Sim accepts or not, to see if one could perhaps add two additional checks, that checks if Sim has a The One, and if set to Spouse only, and if both are filled, then Sim will reject. But I'm not skilled enough yet.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:18 AM »
Well, based on your own experience, I would say it did change indeed! But moreover, I wonder if the second sim, before accepting or refusing the interaction, can even determine if the other sim was autonomous when hitting on them. Because THAT should then be what the response would need to be based on.

According to TJ's own admissions, the basic principles and operations should not have changed much since the documetnation for ACR1 was written. But ACR *is* a very complex program and a lot of features were added since then.

The only thing that remains, is to change Max' roomie so he doesn't have Elna as his One anymore. Because a sim will never stop trying to hook up with their One.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 01:15:46 AM »
It says ACR interactions, not autonomous (or perhaps that's what you meant BO? :) ), and those are their own interactions, so I should hope that ACR is able to recognize it's own interactions.

I could friendzone the roomie, or change his One. But none of that fixes the real problem, for me. I will have to constantly be on guard to see that no one ever gets a One that is already taken, which I'm guessing will happen a lot as my Sims have a lot of friends and almost all townies have no friends, so they are probably going to score the highest. I won't be able to go to a community lot ever again, unless I want half my populations to turn out cheaters. And I don't.

But if you guys are saying this how ACR works, and not a matter of me setting it up wrong, then I guess I'll have to accept it and remove ACR, until I can figure out how to add the check.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 01:21:17 AM »
If there is a difference between how sims respond in ACR1 and ACR2, can I suggest that it might be worth trying ACR1 instead.  Since a lot of the stuff that TJ tried to include in ACR2 was never possible (autonomous engagement etc.) then I don't think you would be missing much.

I've never found it a problem adding sims to the Friend Zone.  So long as ACR has been installed on a comm lot, it should be a matter of seconds to do this.  Sims will still swoon or wolf-whistle over romance sims, they will still have the same lightning bolts, they just won't do anything about it.

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 02:02:36 AM »
I'm not saying it's a problem to do it. You click, takes no time. The problem is knowing that you need to do it, before it's too late. I'm not going to know that someone suddenly has a Sim as their One until I find them doing stuff somewhere. If I do notice, I have to quit without save and lose whatever I was doing. And that's only if I notice, which I might not do, and end up with a Sim that has cheated despite it not being in their nature at all.

ACR 1 is an option, if it actually works as intended. I don't believe it will. Based on what I've seen in other threads, this problem has been around since before ACR 2 was out. I'd also like to have friendzone, if possible, for situations where Sims have no partner but aren't interested in that particular Sim.

I don't suppose either of you happens to know if the BHAV "CT - Menu - Am I going to get caught?" applies to the receiving Sim, or the initiating Sim? Most of the BHAVs I find that I suspect are related to outcome reference that one at some point, so it might be a good place to try the check. But I'm having trouble seeing which of the Sims is using that BHAV, so I'm not sure if a check there would help.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:38 AM »
Since cheating doesn't appeal to you at all, have you thought of setting the hood to totally faithful?  know that won't stop the initiating sim but it might make for a different response.

Whatever you do, you won't stop the unattached knowledge sim (Marsha Bruenig was once a case in point...) at Uni appearing at someone's graduation party and leaping on the sim they fancy (in Marsha's case, the party-giver's fiancé, who rejected her, but still suffered days of every member of the fiancée's family turning up at his house and kicking his trashcan and stealing his newspaper, etc...).  This is a Maxis action which was happening before ACR was even made.

What I can't understand is why people are posting these problems at MTS.  If they have ACR, then they have to have been here to get it, so why not come here with any problem they have - if they had done so while TJ was still around, he might have been able to fix it.  I'm sure that if people complained about BO's mods at MTS rather than here or at Leefish, he'd be more than a little sneeped!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:33:18 AM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:34 AM »
I didn't post on MTS with this problem specifically. I made a thread on ACR as I was setting it up, with questions about things that I could not find answers to in the manual, and as I explored ACR I found this problem. When it was clear it was a problem and not just me not setting it right, I was told it'd be better to post here, and so I did. Simbology is not my go-to place because I am not compatible with the community. Not saying that Simbology is bad in any way, I'm just saying all major Sims-sites have their style, and I'm very much a MTS-person :) I agree though that issues related to things not working as advertised should be posted where the thing came from.

I've tried setting hood to totally faithful, it doesn't help. If I get Elna and Max into a committed relationship, then yeah, it works. But I do not get all my Sims committed/engaged/married, because of my personal views on relationships. I want to be able to define when a Sim is monogamous and when they are not. Basically, I want the spouse only autonomy to work as the documentation says it should. That's what it boils down to. If that setting worked as intended, ACR would be perfect.

It's a shame TJ is gone. I imagine more people would be open to using ACR if they could control the cheating.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 05:14:09 AM »
I think the point is, as you say, sims can be set to be monogamous if they are going steady, engaged or married/joined.  Have you considered using adults go steady, which I believe can be found at Maty, for all your sims who are in a relationship but not engaged or married?  If this works as going steady does for teens, then maybe this will prevent sims being seduced?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 06:17:31 AM »
@gummilutt: If I got it right this time, you expect ACR to apply the spouse-only rules to Elna and Max, even though you do NOT believe in making them actual spouses? If you have unconventional views on how to interpret, define or execute relationships and/or promiscuity - views which aren't even shared by the way the entire TS2 game was designed - then how do you expect ACR to ever understand or correctly execute these rules? No offense, but ACR was made to work within the confines of the rules as they exist in-game, not in some random head such as yours or mine.

Obviously, ACR isn't compatible with what you're trying to do. So, there are three alternatives here, listed in random order:
  • You accept the way things are, which is not perfect, and doesn't seem to agree with you.
  • You conform to conventional relationship models, in order to allow ACR to work more properly to your liking.
  • You abandon ACR altogether, because it's not compatible with the way you want to play.

Anyway, this is not ACR's fault.

I'm sure that if people complained about BO's mods at MTS rather than here or at Leefish, he'd be more than a little sneeped!

Seems like me to be rather pickled about that, eh? Nah... if they complain in the wrong place, I need not know about it. And what I don't know, I can't fix! That's *their* problem, not *mine* :P

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »
A lot of fair paints, BO. Given that the documentation said spouse only should apply to the Sims One, or their steady/engaged/married partner, I was hoping it would actually work with The One. But it does not. That's the end of that.

I don't suppose there is any way to make Sims reject all ACR-interactions? That could be a good compromise until I manage to fix the spouse-only thing.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »
If 'spouse' is really meant to apply to steady/engaged partners and the One as well, then I guess that my game has also always done it wrong. I've simply assumed spouse to mean what it does in standard English, and that way ACR has never let me down.

As far as I know, there is no way to make a sim refuse all interactions, but you *can* exclude a sim from ACR interactions. Simply delete the sim's ACR token, and other sims will leave them alone. Sad thing is, that their spouse will also ignore them.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
Again, may I reiterate, try the adults go steady mod.  Interpret it if you like as *adults live together in a committed relationship*. ,  However, the game will still see the children of that partnership as being the mother's (ie they will have her last name) but your romance sims will have no bad memories.  I've had teenage romance sims want to go steady, and have no bad memories of having done so.

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
Thank zephyr, but I already have that mod. I want to control when my Sims are monogamous, regardless of relationship level. That's what I was looking for with this thread, but it's clear that ACR does not have that ability. I know there are ways to work around it and make ACR not let Sims cheat, but what I'm looking for is a way to make ACR work like it says it will. If I can't, I'd rather just not use ACR.

Thanks BO. I did read that deleting token excludes them from ACR, but I wonder, does ACR not just re-add the token at 8:30 pm? Or will it only do that to non-playables?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »
what I'm looking for is a way to make ACR work like it says it will

Sorry, but imo ACR does exactly what it says. Nothing in the Readme that I can remember promises that single, unattached sims will not respond to advances, even though they may have a One.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:56 PM »
If I recall correctly, you can *configure* ACR to automatically grant tokens to all eligible sims (playables of teen or older age groups). But if you don't, it will only at specific times update tokens of those who already have one, but not give tokens to those who don't.

what I'm looking for is a way to make ACR work like it says it will

Sorry, but imo ACR does exactly what it says. Nothing in the Readme that I can remember promises that single, unattached sims will not respond to advances, even though they may have a One.

So what you're saying, ZZ, is that I'm right in thinking that 'spouse only' does not limit unmarried sims who have a One, when deciding to refuse or accept a romantic interaction?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:54:15 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

ACR 1 documentation, Adjuster Interactions, under Autonomy.

Spouse Only (1): Sims will only initiate or accept ACR interactions with their steady, fiancé, spouse, or One Sim.

To me, that says Sims with autonomy set to spouse only will only accept interactions from a Sim with the flags steady, fiance, spouse, or that is selected as their One. Which if you set One and autonomy to static, should mean a Sim that only accepts and initiates interactions with the Sim that you chose.

Thanks BO, I'll go over the manual again and see if I can figure out how to do that.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
Agreed that is what Spouse Only (1) does, but only. I think, for sims who get that check based on their personality and aspiration.  Since a Leo Romance Sim is basically going to cheat if given half a chance, setting him/her to Spouse Only will not necessarily work.

What may help, though, is setting the relationship required throughout your hood to 100/100, then make sure that your sim who is lusted after by another sim than their partner/spouse never reaches that relationship level with that sim.

Offline gummilutt

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
That rather defeats the purpose of having ACR though, since that means townies won't engage much on their own :) It's clear the setting isn't working, and you're probably right that it may have to do with personality. I imagine lots of people may like that some of the settings will be disobeyed depending on Sim, but I find it a little sad to doom a Sim to a certain behavior. Maybe I want a family Sim in an open relationship who does not care! Pah :P

But it's fine. Now that I know that it's not me but the coding, I'll just have to put it on my to-do list, and get back to it when I think I've learned enough to do what I want to do.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »
Yes, if you are any good with coding, you can probably adjust things to suit what you want - for example, you could create a medieval hood where only the male sims are allowed to cheat.....

As to what you have now, I think family sims who aren't married are most likely of all sims to cheat on their current One.  They have a need to get married and have babies built into their personality, whatever it is, and they will happily cheat on the current One if they see a chance of getting the proposal.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »
I think perhaps the "one" issue is getting confused because the roomie has Elna as their "one"? So it's seeing Roomie + Elna as just as much a valid couple as Max + Elna because the One is overriding the Love flags. FWIW I use inteen which has the adults go steady mod built in, and I use that to signify to myself "They are a couple". If they don't have that, then they are casual lovers, in my head. So perhaps that is why I am seeing less cheating than you are?

I actually think that it would work in this instance to use the friend zone. I think it's an unusual situation when you have sims living together, and other townies, regardless of friendships with playables, will tend to also have relationships with each other and hence be less likely to have a playable as their "one". When you play with ACR in for a while, sims assign themselves a "one" at various times and it's not just the first female sim they have a positive relationship with.

Secondly, I find that the first ACR interactions pushed on sims unexpectedly tend to be flirts, rather than kisses. So if I see one I don't want, then I can cancel it and immediately friend-zone the sim. Even if they are woohoo-crazed and their timer is drained, ACR woohoo tends to start with foreplay, or at the very least, you can spot them heading to a bed in their underwear and go "NO! No, no, no. Bad simmies!"
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »
I did more than that when Lilith turned up uninvited at the Picaso house and she and Mr Picaso both decided to cheat on their marriage vows.  Of course, in neither case did they have three bolts for their spouse, but they did have them for each other!  I made them both fat with the blender....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
If that broke them up, they would have TWO traits against them... Being fat AND shallow :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
True, but don't you think popularity sims are often shallow?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
You have a point there, ZZ. :bow: They often are.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »
OK, I'm kinda late to the party  here but here's my suggestion.  It's my understanding you don't want cheating at all?  So set it at a global/Hood level instead of a sim level.  Despite what the documentations say, a lot of the hood level overrides sim level.  Your hood is set to allow cheating and it's overriding your sim settings.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 03:52:55 AM »
If it works like teen woohoo, then the hood override would prevent all cheating, as it does for teen woohoo, unless you then set a specific sim to allow cheating (you can definitely do this with teen woohoo, and set certain teens to allow it.)