Author Topic: Edit: FIXED!! Error message at startup: (0Xc000007b)  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Usul_Princess

• Toddling Tot
Edit: FIXED!! Error message at startup: (0Xc000007b)
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:33 AM »
Error: "Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b)

Solution: Had to Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 X64 v11.0! Man that was nice to have a "Repair" option instead of uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I got this error message after reverting back to Windows 8. (Yes, Windows 10 is that bad. It's basically Origin as an OS. You can't get it to stop spying on you, despite turning off Cortana all 13 privacy notifications that are switched "on". Anyways...)

I've done a "sweep", repair, and desperately looked for a registry key to delete or prevent the dang thing from coming back on startup, after fixing the 4 DLL files that usually are the problem, and trying 4 different tedious resolutions on Google.

HOLY CRAP this is getting annoying. Google has failed me. :(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:41:04 PM by Usul_Princess »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Error message at startup: Error: "Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:25:16 AM »
My sympathies!  I too hated W10, but luckily for me my laptop refused to install it.  The desktop I had upgraded to it was hopeless, so I downgraded that to W7 (which I had to buy, since the laptop had previously been upgraded from XP to W8!  But at least I got a clean PC, since obviously the machine had to be reformatted. 
Did you make a back-up DVD for W8?  If so, I would suggest your best bet would be to reformat and then reinstall W8 and ignore the upgrade offers.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Usul_Princess

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:02:17 AM »
Sadly, I did not do System Restore before installing Win 10. (which is insane for me to overlook in good faith). I did however save Windows.old. to the thumb drive *whew*.

I had no idea Restore was disabled by default on Windows 8. You have to manually enable it. I didn't bother googling that. Figured it was a "feature" Windows 8 got rid of. Saving it to backup through an external drive took under 3 hours before I aborted. (Unusually long for a laptop with next to nothing installed on it). I decided to risk it, and reverting back was no biggie, other than that error message. It's just one of those things that I'll try to binge-fix instead of doing something productive while I'm on my laptop.*

*Heard Origin could be the cause of this. Uninstalled it w/o uninstalling TS2 Ultimate Collection, and it works! Hooray! No need for that on my laptop.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »
Might be an idea to let Origin know, there is a recent upgrade which may have caused this.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 07:42:06 AM »
I'm not too happy with Windows 10 either... I didn't know anything about the privacy issues; i never used cortana because of my general distrust of anything like Siri or even Google, since they are obviously Skynet and will eventually become self aware once it amasses it's robot army they are building....

...but anyway....i'll probably buy Win7 for my desktop and keep it on my laptop as well, I don't care for the layout of Windows 10 most of all. 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
I wonder if people buying W7 at this stage in the game will send a message to Microsoft?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 10:15:52 AM »
Tbh, I can't remember people buying older versions of Windows ever sending a message that MicroSoft understood. The message should be clear, but those micro-doodles must be extremely dim.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »
You have a new Avatar!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
As far as the "spying" problem, if you are really concerned about it, disconnect from the Internet. Use a second computer with nothing on it but your browser and your favorite decompression program.  Browse and download there.  Transfer files via flash drives.

Cortana, Siri, and the Google variant of these is nothing more than an artificial speech program with some data storage files connected to a search program. None of them will search your hard drives for your deepest online secrets, account numbers, or the like.  Their "knowledge" is limited to what you tell them.  They are not AI!

As far as Origin goes.  I installed it long enough to download TS2 Ultimate, installed everything except Store, and deleted Origin. It's not needed to run TS2U. Or SimCity 4 for that matter.  It is needed for the new piece of crap called SimCity and probably other EA Games.

I'm having some difficulty understanding what problem people are having with Win10.

I've installed Win10 using default settings.  I've installed games using default settings (don't just copy directories from one computer to another, important things are missed, but that's always been the case). No special tricks or hacks.

I've got it on my desktop. I boot up my computer and I see the exact same screen I saw with Win7.  The Start Menu and Windows Explorer are different, but it seems like every new Windows, or maybe every other new Windows, changes both of those around. Right click on the start menu and you can get to the Control Panel you know and have a love-hate relationship with from Win7 and earlier. BTW, it's on Win8 also. Everything you could do from the Start Button/Menu on Win7 you can do with Win10.

If the Live Tiles popping up from the Start Menu bother you, remove the tiles you don't want to see. That portion of the Start menu is very useful in Tablet Mode, but if you are on a desktop, most are more of a bother than anything else.  Of course you could change it around so you see only want you want to see and use frequently.

I've got over 20 high end games on my desktop that I've played since installing Win10, and except for some issues starting a few, that were quickly resolved with a web search, I've no issues playing any of them. I've even played some of them on my Surface using touch screen instead of the mouse for a few of them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:25:34 PM by AncientHighway »

Offline Usul_Princess

• Toddling Tot
Re: Error message at startup: FIXED!!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
Re: Windows 10

I hate the idea of going to drastic measures for that. Unplugging from the internet to quell my neurotic conspiracy theories. I gotta get back on sometime. :P

Second, I had a terrible time with compatibility. (Which is expected for aging games that don't have their own version of DosBox), but everything gave me distorted resolution or opened up "off center" instead of fullscreen. Win 10 just feels like it isn't ready to hit the shelves. It had too many glitches/crashes in the very short time I owned it.

Re: Origin

I was so happy when TS2UC didn't need it! :) I noticed Origin never nagged me to login, so I figured why not? Origin stays "offline" when it doesn't want an update every 5 minutes. I keep it outdated, and offline. It's off my laptop for good. It's still on my desktop for the sole reason that I may give a crap about TS4 in 2017/whenever a good Game Pack is released. It's on a long hiatus at best.

Sims 4 Gamescom pissed me off so bad, that I don't care what they do at this point.

All the world's Cringe in 4 minutes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yr0ZjQN0M

I dare you to Google that EP and pinpoint what the focus of this $40.00 game pack masked as an EP is. From what I can tell it's a condensed, jumbled version of Freetime, but there is not one single (official) post/trailer that clearly explains what I'm buying. Ridiculous.

I wish independent Devs could pull a "Cities Skylines" with TS4 and give EA competition. *continues to dream*
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:06:51 PM by Usul_Princess »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Edit: FIXED!! Error message at startup: (0Xc000007b)
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »
One of the problems I had was with Railroad Tycoon 3, which I hadn't played since XP was installed.  It apparently didn't work for Vista and newer, which I never knew since I never played it.  When I tried to play it on the other day, it would crash almost immediately.  The problem is the one of the graphics files back then limited graphics memory to 512k and would crash if there was more.

The Fix:  http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/rrt3.htm - Half way down the page there is a Blurry Texture Fix.
This is an edited version of the Direct 3D file restores the 512k limitation so older games may be able to play.  It worked for RT3, it may work for you too.

I've yet to find anything redeeming about TS3 or TS4 that would make me want to spend hundreds of dollars again on a game (base game + all the crap they soak you with to bring it up to TS2 base game level.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:05:22 PM by AncientHighway »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
You have a new Avatar!

Yup, a little over a week now. I'm glad you noticed :P I bought a hat, and thought it was time for a new selfie :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:21 PM »
The hat is cool!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »
When I bother to put up a picture on a forum or social media, it is a selfie of my hat.  No face, exempt for the hint of a bearded chin.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 03:37:30 AM »
The hat is cool!

Thanks, ZZ. It's hard to say from the picture, but IRL, people seeing me say that it suits me. The hat alone reminds me of Crocodile Dundee or Indiana Jones. My head under it really ruins THAT impression, though :)

When I bother to put up a picture on a forum or social media, it is a selfie of my hat.  No face, exempt for the hint of a bearded chin.

I've been showing my face in the profile picture for quite some time now, although there has been a time when I'd have said that that wasn't me at all. Sometimes, I even surprise myself.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »
Did you know your tag has disappeared?

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 01:27:32 PM »
BO, I've always wondered if that photos you had was really of you..now I have my answer. The hat is cool, too.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »
Did you know your tag has disappeared?

My *tag*, you say? I'm not certain what you mean. Recently, I've noticed my signature not longer showed the banner, but that was a matter of the picture's host changing their links.

BO, I've always wondered if that photos you had was really of you..now I have my answer. The hat is cool, too.

Where did you think I was going to find such a classless pig who would pose as my profile picture? Of course it's me! :)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:47:57 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
That's what I meant, BO, your signature tag thingy....  Can you get it back?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 06:42:45 PM »
You mean you're not seeing it? Ah, let me do something about that then... Ok, I took it down from Imageshack, and put it on Dropbox. Does that help?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:55:01 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 08:49:01 PM »
 Yep!  It's back! :yay:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 11:23:43 PM »
Ok, so Imageshack has begun to suck, then. Fortunately, I'm not using them for a lot, anymore. Thanks for telling me about the missing banner, ZZ. It is much appreciated.

anything