Author Topic: Aspir Begone!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Aspir Begone!
« on: November 01, 2015, 10:18:09 AM »
I never thought to get rid of the Aspirs before I started this Desiderata, then I remembered they are somewhere close to Malcolm on my sim hate list!  I can easily get rid of them with Theo's Deleter, but there are all those darned ancestors!  Can anyone tell me, if I delete the living Aspirs, will all the dead ones get deleted too, or will I need to first delete every ancestor prior to deleting the Aspirs themselves?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Aspir Begone!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »
I don't think the dead ones will get automatically removed as well. If the living Aspirs cease to exist, I wonder if the whereabouts of the dead Aspirs - or whatever these ancestors are called - actually matter. As long as no living sim is related to them or even knows of them, their presence should not cause any trouble, unless they decide to start haunting.

However, I *would* get rid of those ancestors anyway, just to minimize the number of sources for future corruption.

The way I think I would do it, is to first do some genealogy study, making notes on all the ancestors in existence, then remove all the living Aspirs by any means possible and/or necessary, and finally check in SimPE if any of the ancestors remain. If so, I would blow them away, youngest first. But I can't say for certain that this is the best way, or even the most efficient one. There might be some holes in my logic.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:51:46 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:15:01 PM »
It's rather what I was afraid of - a lot of hard work!  And the Desiderata ancestors don't even have tombstones, so I wonder why EA bothered!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »
Of course it *is* entirely within the realm of possibilities that the dead ancestors would also automatically disappear. But in order to be sure of that, one is required to identify all of them first anyway. Yeah, hard work indeed, I'm afraid. I wish I knew for certain that it was any simpler.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »
Maybe I'll just create an island hood and move them there....

Well, I decided they had to go, so I just went into Sim Relations and looked at Luis's family in the Default family, and deleted every sim in is, plus further back ancestors, then checked Elizabeth's ancestors, after which I just deleted the lot of them!  So far, my game is working normally, I have two empty houses which I might eventually redesign and use, and nobody has any memory of an Aspir that I can see.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:39:20 PM by zephyrzodiac »