Author Topic: Neighborhood version number  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
Neighborhood version number
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »
So I'm sticking LS 'hoods into Sims 2.  There are neighborhood version numbers that you can download to replace the numbers in the LS 'hoods (thanks to SaraMK over at MTS and MATY).

So...where in SimPE do I find the version number?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
Re: Neighborhood version number
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
This is by Sara over at MATY's.

INSTRUCTIONS

Note: You have to complete the stories before you can do this. Otherwise some of the lots will continue crashing.

Note 2: Many (but not all) of the lots go into a loading loop (and never load). To solve this, you must load each lot (occupied or not) in Life Stories, make a small change, and save. Vincent and Riley's lots need to be loaded at least once more after they reload into free play mode after completing the story.

Note 3: Your Sims 2 game must have Uni, NL, and OFB in order to accept the neighborhoods. Otherwise either the neighborhoods or the lots will crash on load. Life Stories includes bits of all three EPs.

Step 1:  Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ and remove your Neighborhoods folder (to somewhere safe, of course).

Step 2: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories\ and COPY the Neighborhoods folder over to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

Now your Life Stories neighborhoods are under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ Neighborhoods

Step 3: Open C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ and delete the file called NeighborhoodManager.package and the folder called Tutorial.

Step 4: Open C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ and you will see three folders called N001, N002, N003. Inside each one is a file called N00#_Neighborhood.package. Open these in SimPE.

Step 5: Delete Version Number. It will be an item on the very bottom of the list on the left-hand side. When you click on it, it will appear on the right-hand side. Then you right-click and choose Delete. Then save the file.

Step 6: I've made extracted ID Numbers available for download: http://www.box.net/public/75d090iaah After downloading this file, unzip it and you will have three folders called 1, 2, 3.

Step 7: Open one of the N00#_Neighborhood.package files and find ID Number on the left. Click on it and it will come up on the right. Right-click and select Replace. Browse to the folder called 1 (downloaded from me) and select either of the files inside. Save. Open the next file, and replace ID Number with the one from the folder called 2. Then do the third file.

« Last Edit: 2007 February 18, 00:04:32 by SaraMK »

Now this is old and I dont know if it still works with later EP and SP.

If you have Pets Stories it can be put into Sims 2 with no problems, they go right in just need to renumber them so you can put your reg. hoods back in.( After you finish the stories in them.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:46:34 AM by mark93 »

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
The thing is I think that's an older version of SimPE.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »
Well if you make it work please put it here so I can try it out to.

Pets stories hoods go right in to sims 2 with no problem I wish LS would work to.

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
I can actually copy all 3 'hoods into Sims 2 without playing through the stories--I copied Vincent's Story.  In the LS program files there's scripting; in Sims 2 there's not (I don't have Pet Stories).

Thing is, though, you have to yank everyone out of their houses first or it'll crash.  So I did that, deleted the Sims I didn't want with Theo's deleter, and everything seems to run just fine.  I moved Vincent into a house I'd originally made for the DeBateaus in Belladonna Cove and stashed in the Lots bin.  Then I had him and Naomi meet and get married.  Seems that there's still a bit of scripting, as when he "first" meets Sherman and Greg, they're automatically friends (unless I had to adjust relationships in SimPE and didn't do so).

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
At this link you can get all the sims in all 3 stories if you want them. Plus all the walls and floors too.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TS2LSpack/

Some where I downloaded the houses from LS and I have use the hood replacer tool to get the hoods in my game.

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
Too bad the careers aren't compatible with Seasons and above.  Though if you changed the names....

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »
(Yes," Angry Red Message", I know this topic hasn't been posted in for over 120 days & yes I am sure I want to reply anyway!)

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of those elusive "Neighborhood ID Codes" needed for converting the LS/PS 'hoods into TS2 proper that Sara once offered via that now long-extinct BoxNet link found in the MATY instructions, or not?

Were these different than the usual EP/SP version numbers (which I know I have floating around someplace) or not?

(Screw you, "Angry Red Message"!  :tongue: )
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
As long as you have Pets EP the Pets Stories hoods can go straight in your Sims 2 game.

I have the 3 # but will have to find them.

I have never gotten LS hoods to work for me so if you get them to work please share.

Found them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:52:56 PM by mark93 »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »
Thanks for the files! I was afraid I was out of luck, given that Sara's link is long dead.

If I ever manage to get the LS 'hoods to work right, I will definitely let you know.

It's interesting that the PS 'hoods are (apparently) easier to *convert* than the LS ones, as you would think they would be trickier given the more "involved" storylines with the pet show stuff & whatnot. Very strange!

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:49 AM »
Any news on getting LS hoods to work?

Yes it is BO, I have changed it now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:08:22 PM by mark93 »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 07:04:35 AM »
Is that a question.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 04:37:29 PM »
@mark93: Hit a slight snag called "Real Life" which set me back a bit insofar as getting the LS 'hoods played through their respective story modes so I could try my hands paws at converting them, but now that things had got back to normal I hope to have the scripted stories finished in the next couple of days...knock on wood!

The "snag" was that my Grampa - age 95 - was unexpectedly hit with a case of pneumonia & was in the hospital for over a week just before xmas, so things got a bit sidetracked around here for a while. Gramps is back at his group home & looking good - but tired - now, so with luck the rest of this damn year will back off & leave things alone for a while!

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
I went a tried it again and still get the same and so does Jawusa at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=519394

We both get the same results.
In Riley's Story neighborhood, there a lot of families which can't be load:

-Fortuna
 -Harlow
 -Sinclair
 -Smith

Although these families can be load:

-Kincaid
 -Tchotochke

Unfortunately they are lots which can't be load:

-15 Hyacinth Circle
 -Old Grove Park (community lot)
 -Old Grove Gardens (community lot)

These lots can be loaded without any issues:

-12 Hyacinth Circle
 -19 Hyacinth Circle
 -17 Hyacinth Circle
 -23 Hyacinth Circle
 -Starlight Cafe and Market (community lot)
 -Lead's Gym (community lot)
 -The Corner Boutique (community lot)

I did a check in Free Play neighborhood and the results are a bit different...
 These families CAN be load in Free Play but NOT in Riley's Story:

-Fortuna
 -Sinclair
 -Stardust
 -Margison

These lots can be loaded without any issues in Free Play 'hood but not in Riley's Story 'hood:

- Riley Harlow's house
 - Old Grove Park... Old Grove Gardens is within Old Grove Park
 In Riley's Story 'hood they are two separate lots which both can't be loaded (see above) but in Free Play 'hood, they both are 1 lot instead of 2 and it just loads fine.

Unfortunately though these lots can't be loaded in Riley's Story 'hood but also not in Free Play 'hood:

-Mickey Smith's house
 -15 Hyacinth Circle

Maybe some one with more SimPE know how will be able to fix this.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
Well I found out my problem why I could not do it, this will not work with DD as you base game for it uses a different game engine.
(Or at least I think this was my problem.)

After re-formatting my computer I decide to install all my stand-alone game disk and I now have them working in a Uni, NL and OFB game set up.

I hope this info will help other players who want the hoods in Sims 2.

ADD: Ok to get LS hoods to work in a Sims 2 game you must have UNI, NL and OfB EP, you must delete version # from each sim that will not load, you must move in all bin sims into houses and make a small change and save.

A must do= remove all items from all sims inventories and sell all story awards.
1. Move in to houses all bin sims.
2. Must make a change and save each house after story is over.
3. Must follow the direction by Sara in the post 11 to 12 above this post.
4. Must delete version # for each sim that will not load in Sims 2. (Or delete version # on all sims to save from having to start up the game a lot.)
    (I will go do more testing for I think only 2 sims need the version # deleted to work.)

I will also go and try to get the unplayed hoods from the program folder to run in Sims 2.

Ok back from testing and the Free Play hood from the programs folder (N002) can go straight into a game with setup as above with no problems other than missing walls/floors.
Both story hoods must follow the instruction as above and delete the version # from sims who will not load. (All the instruction from above.)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:46:54 AM by mark93 »

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 09:18:15 PM »
I may have done what no other simmer has done before, I have made Riley's Story from the programs folder work in Sims 2. The none played one.

You have to follow all the info in this thread plus you have to have the sims move from there starting spot and make 1 small change on each lot.
You also need to change the hood number to something other than N001 for the controller will not kick in.

1. Change the N001 to any number higher than N003. IE I used N045.
2. Place the hood into \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories\Neighborhoods folder and start up the game.
3. Move in all bin Sims.
4. Go into each house and make a small change and if Sims are on the lot you must move them from the start spot.
5. Follow all the other info in this thread.

Now you can play Riley's Story in Sims 2/NL/UNI/OFB game plus any other EP/SP you have.

I will upload it to my thread after I get a few tester to make sure it works.

More testing needed for I cant have sims leave lots with out crashing need more work .

Does any one know of the walls and floors from Life Stories that work on the LS hoods, I have a set but they do not auto go up in this hood.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:03:27 PM by mark93 »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »
Damn.

"You 'da man" when it comes to Sims 2 neighborhood knowledge, hands down!  :thumb:

I know MATY has the converted objects/careers from Life Stories available, but I don't know about the walls & floors off hand. Aren't they just the same as a Base/OFB Sims 2 game? Or did Maxis though in a few extras? (Never bothered to look, obviously!)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
I have tried the ones from maty and they don't work in my game for some reason. (Walls/Floors.)

I don't really care for the objects or careers.

This pre-story hood needs more testing to call it safe but so far it works great in my 2/UNI/NL/OFB game and my all EP/SP game.

If I can not find working walls/floors then I will just use in game walls/floors that come close to what they had in LS.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
Yeah, I keep getting sent to this page on MATY whenever I search for LS wall/floor conversions.

I see the MATY page mentions that these are NOT the ones by Numenor or BlueSoup - but of course if those were the ones originally posted on MTS they would be long gone by now.

**** Update ****

Found a site that mentions a set of LS walls/floors that were converted by a player named lammashta but the link to the download appears to be dead. (Looks like it was on Yahoo.)

Original link is toward the bottom of this page (the link to lammashta's files are right under the picture of the LS set) but like I said, the downloads themselves seem to be AWOL.

Still looking...

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
Vincent's Story for testing in Sims 2/UNI/NL/OFB game.

This is also the none played hood from the programs folder.
Ok here is Vincent's Story for testing most walls/floors need to be redone and a lot more furniture is missing from this hood than there was in Riley's Story.

It was the same thing as Riley's Story, you have to move the Sims from there starting spot and make a small change on the lot plus the other stuff.

Need more work and testing. I cant have sims leave the lots with out crashing.

@Zirconia Wolf There still on Yahoo but you have to go to Yahoo/Groups if you had them link before which I do but those are the ones that don't auto go up for these hoods.

ADD: Well for the unplayed hoods from the programs are even easier to make playable in Sims 2 for you only have to do 3 things.
1. Renumber the hoods to any number you want as long as its not N001 or N003.
2. Place hood in the LS hood folder and move in all Sims from the bin into houses.
3. Move each Sim from there starting spot.
This is it, no deleting version # and no adding in ID numbers.
 :ninja:

More testing needed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:05:12 PM by mark93 »

anything