Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Have you looked at Pescado's AL Fixes to see if he put that one right?
Hey, now that you mention it... I wonder how they dealt with that one. Is a home business technically a residential or a comm lot?
But if they did fix that stuff on the clothing booth for home businesses in OFB, then one still has to wonder why the same doesn't work for the closets? What the heck did they screw up, there?

I guess I see your point here, ZZ...
Oh, and of course, they had no idea that OFB would make clothing booths available to home businesses?
For clothing booths, neither of these issues were ever a problem, though. They would only be placed at comm lots, where visitors will usually always find something else to do. And if they didn't, one would EXPECT them to go home. And the speeding up of time never happened on comm lots, no matter what. That was reserved for residentials when there was nobody controllable present.

So there was nothing to sort out, until they applied the same logic to the closets (as we now suspect they did), which didn't happen until AL. These closets now make the clothing-booth woohoo available at home, and thereby introduce the two new issues that were no issues before.
Very odd!  Since clothing booths have been in use for woohoo since the BG, you would think they would have sorted that out.
Having thought it over some more, I think I know what's going on with the closet-woohoo being fast-forwarded: sims involved in closet-woohoo are not controllable for as long as they are in there. If there are no other controllable sims on the lot at that time, this means the house is empty... hence, fast forward like when all sims are asleep or off lot.

And although I can't be entirely certain, I think it *might* also affect any visitors involved in the closet-woohoo. If it is anything like the clothing-booth woohoo on comm lots, then the game engine must be thinking it needs to find something for them to do in the categories usually found on comm lots. Since those categories are usually not available on residentials, though, it concludes that the visitor would be bored to death, and leave!
General Sims 2 Help and Support / Re: Closet woohoo is NOT child neglect
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on Yesterday at 10:11:08 PM »
Cars I could understand!
« Last post by Cyjon on Yesterday at 08:23:18 PM »
My mod No Hidden Woohoo might help with the child neglect issue. On the other hand I created it because I had trouble with the game thinking the house was empty during *any* woohoo, so I don't know if there something unique about closets. It's worth a try, though.
« Last post by BoilingOil on September 23, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
I know, ZZ. That's why I said *imply* that they pay. Because they don't really, of course. But you can *pretend* that whoever calls the taxi, must pay for it. Because, hey, you're pretending already. Some people like to watch while the sims go about their live autonomously. Others like to micromanage every detail of their lives. But I'm sure there's also plenty of people who role-play their sims' adventures in their mind.
« Last post by zephyrzodiac on September 23, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »
Taxis are free in Sims 2....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything