Author Topic: Closet woohoo is NOT child neglect  (Read 547 times)

Offline MadamePhobia

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Closet woohoo is NOT child neglect
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »
So my single mom invites over one of her lovers for a date. She rolls the want to woohoo in closet, so I fulfill that. But when they are done and about to leave the closet, I get the "it's not a good idea to leave the kid home alone" message. What the heck? She's been home the entire time. Why does the game seem to think she's left the lot?
It happens every time she gets busy with someone in the closet. So far there have been just the messages and no repercussions, but this time the social worker came. And I'm pretty pissed cause I had to quit without saving and lost over an hour of gameplay.

Another weirdness: when she gets invited out, for some reason I get TWO pop-ups that I need someone to babysit - and I have to hire two nannies (as if one was not irritating enough!), or the taxi doesn't come at all.

Did someone else have a similar problem? I don't play single parents too often, so I have no idea if these are common issues or not.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Closet woohoo is NOT child neglect
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »
I would check that all my mods were updated for AL if I were you.... also run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility if you have it.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:51:29 AM »
I've NEVER, EVER, EVER seen this happen. That's the strangest thing I've ever heard of.
The following is extremely far-fetched, but I think it's possible that the game uses the "Try on clothes" code that usually deals with public woohoo in stores. And when using that, it might temporarily think that your sim in on a comm lot. It's not very likely that this is really true, but that's the only explanation that I can come up with, that actually makes at least *some* sense.

Consider maybe installing my mod BO - Kids & Pets Unattended. It may feel like a cheat, but that should at least fix the issue, I hope.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline MadamePhobia

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:11 AM »
Here's the HCDU report attached. Two known conflicts, nothing related. I didn't think it might be a hack problem, I don't have any hacks related to nannies or social workers.

FYI, I've also always experienced the issue described in the edit to this post:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3144.msg68233#msg68233
I've never even touched Inteen in my life though.

@BO: I was afraid I'll have to download this hack. I really don't want to, but if it stops this ridiculous situation, I'll give it a shot.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:44:43 AM »
Yup, what DulceMel writes in her edit, is something that I've seen happen as well. Never caused the need for two nannies to be hired, though.
And actually, in a way, it strengthens my belief that it has something to do with closet-woohoo being treated as public woohoo in a clothing booth.

I understand that you don't want to add my mod. But may I ask what you're afraid of with my Kids & Pets Unattended mod? You can still hire nannies when you want them for normal gameplay. It's just that the game will no longer punish you (or your poor sims) if you forget. And it won't destroy your fun because of this stupid "Woohoo in closet" bug. It will not fix the "Sim B leaving after woohoo" crap, though.

The HCDU report looks mostly clean to me. These two conflicts should not concern anyone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:46:22 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 03:44:36 AM »
Do you need your baby bottle mod as well as TJ's no baby swarming?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 04:58:50 AM »
The "Baby Bottle - Feed" BHAV suppresses bottle-feeding ONLY when a mommy-type sim is present to breast-feed the baby. It's an integral  part of the BO - Feed Baby mod.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 05:11:24 AM »
Oh, I see - I've never bothered with any of that....

Offline MadamePhobia

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 11:27:56 AM »
@BO - I'm not afraid of your mod per se, it's just that I prefer not to have too many cheaty mods in my game if I don't need them. Most of my hacks are downloaded either to get rid of stupid annoyances and bugs, or to make the game more realistic. This description sounds reasonable though, so if it's the only solution to this bug, I'm not unhappy with that.

The thing with two nannies is not related to the closet woohoo issue at all. It happens when someone invites her out on a date. I think the game pushes the popup to hire a nanny both when she agrees to the date and when she calls the taxi afterwards, so I can kind of understand why that happens.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:29:35 AM by MadamePhobia »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
I understand that these two issues aren't related, MadamePhobia. I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that my mod only solved one issue, but not the other. That's what can happen when two unrelated issues are mentioned in the same thread: people might later start to wonder why my mod doesn't fix the closet-woohoo issue, because I didn't specifically exclude that.

Wait, what? You accept an invitation, and then have to call your own taxi? That's just wrong! The game should send you one by default, implying that the other sim pays for it, because *they* invite *you*!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:04:26 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »
Taxis are free in Sims 2....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
I know, ZZ. That's why I said *imply* that they pay. Because they don't really, of course. But you can *pretend* that whoever calls the taxi, must pay for it. Because, hey, you're pretending already. Some people like to watch while the sims go about their live autonomously. Others like to micromanage every detail of their lives. But I'm sure there's also plenty of people who role-play their sims' adventures in their mind.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:16:12 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline Cyjon

• Mushloving Mophead
    • Cyjon's Sims 2 Mods 'n' Stuff
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 08:23:18 PM »
My mod No Hidden Woohoo might help with the child neglect issue. On the other hand I created it because I had trouble with the game thinking the house was empty during *any* woohoo, so I don't know if there something unique about closets. It's worth a try, though.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 10:11:08 PM »
Cars I could understand!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:42 AM »
Having thought it over some more, I think I know what's going on with the closet-woohoo being fast-forwarded: sims involved in closet-woohoo are not controllable for as long as they are in there. If there are no other controllable sims on the lot at that time, this means the house is empty... hence, fast forward like when all sims are asleep or off lot.

And although I can't be entirely certain, I think it *might* also affect any visitors involved in the closet-woohoo. If it is anything like the clothing-booth woohoo on comm lots, then the game engine must be thinking it needs to find something for them to do in the categories usually found on comm lots. Since those categories are usually not available on residentials, though, it concludes that the visitor would be bored to death, and leave!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 04:01:54 AM »
Very odd!  Since clothing booths have been in use for woohoo since the BG, you would think they would have sorted that out.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 05:51:32 AM »
For clothing booths, neither of these issues were ever a problem, though. They would only be placed at comm lots, where visitors will usually always find something else to do. And if they didn't, one would EXPECT them to go home. And the speeding up of time never happened on comm lots, no matter what. That was reserved for residentials when there was nobody controllable present.

So there was nothing to sort out, until they applied the same logic to the closets (as we now suspect they did), which didn't happen until AL. These closets now make the clothing-booth woohoo available at home, and thereby introduce the two new issues that were no issues before.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
Oh, and of course, they had no idea that OFB would make clothing booths available to home businesses?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:31 AM »
Hey, now that you mention it... I wonder how they dealt with that one. Is a home business technically a residential or a comm lot?
But if they did fix that stuff on the clothing booth for home businesses in OFB, then one still has to wonder why the same doesn't work for the closets? What the heck did they screw up, there?

I guess I see your point here, ZZ...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Have you looked at Pescado's AL Fixes to see if he put that one right?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »
I've opened his fixes in SimPE on occasion, only to be put off by the huge amount of stuff he's put in there. I never used them in my game, though. None of them.
But he might have fixed it in some way or another.

Quite frankly, this is the first time I hear that others have the same experience with closet woohoo. It might very well be that most people use AL Fixes, and therefor never had any problem.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
That could well be the case.  A lot of people trust Pescado's stuff to work well in their game.

Offline MadamePhobia

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 01:38:18 PM »
My mod No Hidden Woohoo might help with the child neglect issue. On the other hand I created it because I had trouble with the game thinking the house was empty during *any* woohoo, so I don't know if there something unique about closets. It's worth a try, though.
It doesn't help, unfortunately. Oddly enough I only stopped getting the warning messages, but the social worker still came.

Happy to report that BO's mod got rid of that issue though. No more visits from the social worker just because mom decided to have a few minutes of fun... while all the kids were asleep anyway.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Wait, what? You accept an invitation, and then have to call your own taxi? That's just wrong! The game should send you one by default, implying that the other sim pays for it, because *they* invite *you*!
I've always thought that taxi icon that appears in their queue when they accept the date means they automatically call taxi... no, of course I don't have to call my own one separately.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
I wonder what the game would do when those odd glitches occur, where the mother goes to work with the toddler in her arms, leaving an empty house (which of course since FT she shouldn't)?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »
Happy to report that BO's mod got rid of that issue though. No more visits from the social worker just because mom decided to have a few minutes of fun... while all the kids were asleep anyway.

I'm glad that at least that issue could be fixed, MadamePhobia. :)

I've always thought that taxi icon that appears in their queue when they accept the date means they automatically call taxi... no, of course I don't have to call my own one separately.

Ah, I see. So it really is as I hoped. Actually, that icon merely means that your sim is waiting for the cab to arrive, thereby indeed implying that the other sim has called a cab for your sim (because your sim didn't make that call herself).

anything